SSD and XBMC - Value or not
Shftup Wrote:>>X<< thanks for your imput.

My Home theatre has a 10 Foot wide screen. The remaining TV's are less than 54".
I wanted to use the AEON MQ2 skin.
How do I setup so that the loading is faster? Does this mean I will need a larger SSD?

You might not even think you need to cache them at a larger size lots of people don't I only mentioned it as its the only difference I saw in XBMC between using a SSD vs HDD

I cache mine at full 1080 height which is going WAYYYYYYYyyyyyyy over the top because they are never displayed at that size but I still found it gave me sharper posters even downscaled inside xbmc and my system can handle it so why not

My largest tbn (thumb) in my cache is around 308 kb I just converted it to dds and it came out as 380 kb which was a bit of a surprise maybe something has changed since I last tried bare in mind your have tbn and dds in the cache, don't know what size fanart would be as dds

To use dds you add a setting to advancedsettings.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...sfanart.3E
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSD and XBMC - Value or not0