Online streaming? How!?
This isn't xbmc specific but I thought if there is a group who might have an idea it'd be this group. I rip my hd stuff to h.264 so when I am home the quality is great but when I'm away I can only stream my old divx stuff without it being choppy.

I want to know if there is anyone who streams their library when they are away from home who has HD stuff and what's your solution? I've tried airvideo(only for iOS) and it works great but I don't always want to watch stuff on my phone. I recently tried StreamToMe and it's still a bit laggy with hd content.

Any ideas?
You need something that will transcode video to a lower bitrate on the fly. Tversity and Orb are both popular.

JR
Try plex.
jhsrennie Wrote:You need something that will transcode video to a lower bitrate on the fly. Tversity and Orb are both popular.

JR

Exactly! Airvideo does this but it's only for iOS I want to stream it to a laptop or maybe to my xbmc on my portable atv2 Wink

Orb I think you need hardware, ive only heard of tversity for use with consoles but I'll look into it, thank you.

@fatboy
I can stream divx but that's using smb, I VPN into my server, I've never tried pled server though. I'll also give that a try. Thanks as well.
I think you will find plex is far better than tbe others. I just set it up yesterday after try everything else. Xbmc, iphone, android all works great with their plex clients. My experiement today is setup a vpn so i can use xbmc on my laptop to see my home media.

How did you setup your vpn?
mrfatboy Wrote:I think you will find plex is far better than tbe others. I just set it up yesterday after try everything else. Xbmc, iphone, android all works great with their plex clients. My experiement today is setup a vpn so i can use xbmc on my laptop to see my home media.

How did you setup your vpn?

I have one real vpn, DDWRT router with built in vpn and I also use Hamachi which is really good because its always on in the background so no matter where I am I am connected to my network. I have the built in vpn for my phone and tablet.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hama...nload.aspx
FakeMerton Wrote:I have one real vpn, DDWRT router with built in vpn and I also use Hamachi which is really good because its always on in the background so no matter where I am I am connected to my network. I have the built in vpn for my phone and tablet.

LOL, that's the one I was going to try today Laugh
FakeMerton Wrote:I have one real vpn, DDWRT router with built in vpn and I also use Hamachi which is really good because its always on in the background so no matter where I am I am connected to my network. I have the built in vpn for my phone and tablet.

I have DDWRT also. I have not tried the vpn part of it tho. Are you using Managed or Unmanaged Hamachi VPN? I installed unmanaged. It works but not as expected. It seems to be backwards. When i log in from my laptop it puts all my shared folders on my main computer. I want it the other way around.

I would like to VPN into my Home computer. What am I doing wrong?
mrfatboy Wrote:What am I doing wrong?

Threadjacking?
amet Wrote:Threadjacking?

sorry, i didn't mean to.Shocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Online streaming? How!?0