iPad file manager, where is it?
I have XBMC for both ATV2, iPad, and iPhone. (yeah, my eyes aren't really good enough to use it on the iPhone)...

Anyway, I'm sure this is simple as heck, but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm streaming my video collection from a local FTP server, Filezilla. On the ATV2, I can attach XBMC to an FTP server through the file manager in settings, then select which files I want through the Files in the video section.

On the iPad, the the entire file manager is missing. Is there some secret key combination I have to hit to access it? Or is it completely missing forcing me to select only the transfer protocol options from the list?

Oh, and why are the ATV2 and iPad versions so different?

Thanks!

James
atv2 and all other versions of xbmc are nearly identical. Sounds like you have different versions on your devices? File manager on ipad is where file manager on atv2 is.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
it doesn't sound like your talking about the actual file manager where you can copy and delete files, but the file view for videos?
If your using my "Touched" skin on your iPad (and you should be) then yeah its missing I deliberately left it out because the filemanager has special mouse clicking stuff to navigate around in it and is not like the normal file list. So basically it just doesn't work proper and is practically impossible to use. If you want to see how it works try using the confluence skin the file manager is in the same place (submenu of home system)
Found it! Quite by accident actually.

In Confluence,

Touch "System", hold, then swipe slowly to the right. Settings, File manager, Profiles, and System info then shows up in a pull out.

But thanks for the prompt replies!

James
Jezz_X Wrote:If your using my "Touched" skin on your iPad (and you should be) then yeah its missing I deliberately left it out because the filemanager has special mouse clicking stuff to navigate around in it and is not like the normal file list. So basically it just doesn't work proper and is practically impossible to use. If you want to see how it works try using the confluence skin the file manager is in the same place (submenu of home system)

Where can I download touched skin. It sounds like it was created for the iPad 2 version of xbmc.
exiledone1 Wrote:Where can I download touched skin. It sounds like it was created for the iPad 2 version of xbmc.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107831
Ok... and now I know why the skins look different.

When you download XBMC from Cydia, you get a much older version of XBMC than when you download it to the Apple TV.

Hence, old screen, new screen.

And another thing.... if you don't download XBMC from the XBMC repo's... you'll never be able to update it with the nightlies.

Hope this fun experience helps avoid someone else's frustration and 2 days worth of trial and error!
i bet this is mentioned in the wiki...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sort of, but not really. The info is kind of burried in there and you kind of have to read all the wiki's, browse through the forums, and search the web in order to sort it out.

Besides, if it was that easy, someone could have answered the question in the first hour.

Its quite understandable since XBMC covers so many different platforms and is fairly uniform between them all. Also, the fact that the touch interface is something new doesn't help.

This thread is #1 on google if you search for file manager, XBMC, and ipad so it's probably getting a fair number of hits.
Actually the iOS specific wiki entries have all been recently updated. The install instructions specifically state the cydia version must be installed first. Since 9-28-11 we've had a new sticky to point to the revised wiki entries, and the title of the post is "READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING"

The rest of the wiki is going through an overhaul. Right now things are being shorted out and pages tagged as outdated or not. An updated "New User Manual" should be ready in time for Eden's final release.
running new frodo on my iphone 4s and confluence skin works great- also file manager is no problem. I needed to use file man to add the fusion.xbmchub.com source so i can easily get all me add ons installed.icefilms & the awesome 1chanell.
(2011-09-25, 00:42)Jezz_X Wrote: If your using my "Touched" skin on your iPad (and you should be) then yeah its missing I deliberately left it out because the filemanager has special mouse clicking stuff to navigate around in it and is not like the normal file list. So basically it just doesn't work proper and is practically impossible to use. If you want to see how it works try using the confluence skin the file manager is in the same place (submenu of home system)

thx men

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad file manager, where is it?0