"remove black bars" totally crappy implemented?
Hi,

I have noticed that some videos start pumping and resizing when there is a lot of black-colored content in the video, and after investigating this issue I have come to the conclusion that the "remove black bars" option always tries to resize the video, but does this with very little success, since it tries to remove any black content, even if only temporarily present on screen, not only black bars.

I have disabled this feature for the time being, but I guess it is a good idea to have a look at the code, and improve this. Is there anything planned?
+1
same here

maybe is there a workaround?
Nothing planned. Feel free to take a look. Ideas are:

1. Wait until you have X frames of data before applying the blackbar correction.

2. Enforce a similar amount of black bar on top and bottom of the frame (eliminates the bottom half of the screen being black issues).

3. Enforce a pseudo-moving average by storing the last X frames, and in addition, storing how long the black bar has been at the level it is currently at. Flush if the level changes significantly. It should be harder to change the longer the current value fits.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"remove black bars" totally crappy implemented?0