ATV Latest build 9.23
Have a problem gang

I watch something lets says king of queens on SeeonTV or something on Freecable, all is fine for about 20 min then suddenly the video stops and boom it returns back to the ATV Screen and out of XBMC,

anyone have a fix for this

Thanks all

Here is the pastebin of the log
http://pastebin.com/5Cr3YY0v
crashlog and syslog needed - see first link in my signature...

but tbh for me your logfile looks like you just did exit xbmc ... it looks like a clean shutdown - not a crash...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'll take a wild guess and say you're probably running out of memory and the OOM killer is killing XBMC. The syslog would confirm this, look for "LTSBS: Got OS memory notifcation" messages. (Yes, they spelled notification incorrectly.)

I had the same issue until I removed a bunch of other apps like the firecore media player. I don't completely understand how this is all bundled but it seems that even if it's not actively in use the firecore media player is running and consuming precious memory.
chrisjs Wrote:I'll take a wild guess and say you're probably running out of memory and the OOM killer is killing XBMC. The syslog would confirm this, look for "LTSBS: Got OS memory notifcation" messages. (Yes, they spelled notification incorrectly.)

I had the same issue until I removed a bunch of other apps like the firecore media player. I don't completely understand how this is all bundled but it seems that even if it's not actively in use the firecore media player is running and consuming precious memory.

All frontrow plugins are loaded when frontrow (aka AppleTV.app) starts. That means the more plugin loaded, the less total memory is available. Some plugins are rude and will pre-alloc memory even if they are not "in-front". xbmc does not do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV Latest build 9.230