Can The ATV 2 stream 720p content good?
Hey Everyone,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to proceed with building my dvd collection for use with XBMC. I usually use a mixture of my own dvds I've ripped and streamed content from Icefilms.

I love the quality of HD 720p, but I'm wondering if the ATV 2 running XBMC has any problems when it comes to streaming 720p content?

In addition, I'm curious how it also handles downloaded ripped 720p content?
I'm assuming that the ATV 2 using XBMC plays the 720p content better then streaming it, but I just want to know the range of the ATV 2 in terms of streaming and ripped content.

Any help would be great
exiledone1 Wrote:Hey Everyone,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to proceed with building my dvd collection for use with XBMC. I usually use a mixture of my own dvds I've ripped and streamed content from Icefilms.

I love the quality of HD 720p, but I'm wondering if the ATV 2 running XBMC has any problems when it comes to streaming 720p content?

In addition, I'm curious how it also handles downloaded ripped 720p content?
I'm assuming that the ATV 2 using XBMC plays the 720p content better then streaming it, but I just want to know the range of the ATV 2 in terms of streaming and ripped content.

Any help would be great

plays 720p h264 fine
Thank you.
perfect, just make sure you use h264 or x264 or mp4. the mkv wrapper is best
So if I downloaded a film which is hd 720p which I know doesn't play on my ATV 2 without lagging or skipping and then used handbrake to convert it the HD 720 p should play if I covert it into the mkv h264 rightHuh
exiledone1 Wrote:So if I downloaded a film which is hd 720p which I know doesn't play on my ATV 2 without lagging or skipping and then used handbrake to convert it the HD 720 p should play if I covert it into the mkv h264 rightHuh

yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can The ATV 2 stream 720p content good?0