How can I make a Watch List?
I'm using XBMC 11 with the Aeon MQ3 skin. I tried to search for forum posts about this, but to be honest I didn't really know what keywords to search for...

Ok, here's the deal... Let's say I have 100 movies in XBMC and my preferred method of browsing through this, is using the Low List viewtype which provides plenty of information about each movie. Now on a piece of paper I made a list containing 10 of these movies that I would like to watch in the near future, i.e. a watch list.

How do I make a playlist/selection/collection/whatever of these 10 movies that I can also browse through in the Low List viewtype?

I can add each of these movies to 'the queue' and then save the "Now Playing..." playlist to a custom playlist, but that does not allow me to browse through the movies using Low List. It just shows the titles of the movies, which is next to useless.

I guess one way to do it, would be to move these 10 movies in a separate folder on my hard drive and then make a smart playlist that has Path contains "blah blah", but that is way too much hassle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I am not 100% on this and it might be just as big a PITA. I just had a thought... If you are not using the "SHOWS" section on the main menu. This is for music videos content. You would have to create custom .nfo's but the music video ones are super simple.
If you do not already have custom .nfo's in your movie folders you might be able to add source again (the main movie folder) and set content as music videos. In library mode, it should then only show the movies that have the <musicvideo> .nfo files in them?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:I am not 100% on this and it might be just as big a PITA. I just had a thought... If you are not using the "SHOWS" section on the main menu. This is for music videos content. You would have to create custom .nfo's but the music video ones are super simple.
If you do not already have custom .nfo's in your movie folders you might be able to add source again (the main movie folder) and set content as music videos. In library mode, it should then only show the movies that have the <musicvideo> .nfo files in them?

This seems like a great workaround to me. This will probably mess up your library because those movie will no more appear in your regular movies library.
You'd better be of creating a smartplaylist.
Step1: Create a smartplaylist with rules using path/title starts or contains
Step3: Add that smartplaylist to favourites
Step3: In MQ3 there the option to activate a custom menu item that can point to a favourites item.

Or you can add it as a submenu on movies.

Want to add/delete a movie from the list. Just edit the rules for that smartplaylist.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:You'd better be of creating a smartplaylist.
Step1: Create a smartplaylist with rules using path/title starts or contains
Step3: Add that smartplaylist to favourites
Step3: In MQ3 there the option to activate a custom menu item that can point to a favourites item.
Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't thought of using the titles to build the smart playlist yet. Bit of a pain, but it's the easiest and most convenient solution, I think.
Well did think it was the easiest way to do so. Seting it up for the first time can be hard but now it's just adding/deleting a few to keep it up-to-date.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I make a Watch List?0