Volume limiter in git...
Fantastic response,
Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me in more detail, it sounds like it will be perfect for the late night viewings of movies when the kids are asleep and therefore I may not need to replace my AVR for a midnight mode as this seems like it will do the job perfectly.

@spiff
I agree, if you guys are able to automatically set the function to "auto disable pass through" when the "volume Limiter" switch is activeted (and/or the slider is moved) ... then when the "volume limiter" is deactivated "passthrough" will be enabled again.

Then it can be mapped to a button on a remote etc and when "volume Limiter" is enabled it will "disabled passthrough" and then when "volume Limiter" is disabled "pass through" will then be re-enable again.

I think I read in the commits that it's going to be added in the audio and subtitles options too.. Which is good.

I'll read up on that wiki article, but overall I sincerely appreciate the reply, I know you guys are busy etc but I'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to explain this to me in more depth and I eagerly await Eden and the new features you guys have worked on over the years..

Thanks again,
Pat~
hi

a litte question, when i update my atv2 and my xbmc live to a build after 26/9/ i can use this feature?
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
Not yet, the IOS audiorenderer needs to be hooked up.
hi

but xbmc ubuntu has this limiter?
KARATELIGHT
Yes, it does.
Is this compatible with AudioEngine? It seems like this was already being worked on in AE?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Shouldn't be difficult to port to AE.
Thank you so much for this.
My apologies for this, but how do I enable this feature? I compiled dcd940be and am running it on Win 7 and do not see any options for this in the settings.
During playback, go into audio settings (the place where you can select the audio stream etc), then increase volume amplification.
@maruchan,

Would you be so kind as to post back your results/findings with this? I'm very eager to hear how well it functions for you, on say a few action movies such as Trans... Inception... Dark night etc (or similar).

I'm looking forward to this years eden release, it's going to be action packed with some fantastic options and features.

I just need to upgrade my revo for something a bit more powerful next Laugh

@bobo,
Thanks again, I went and read up on brick wall limiting on that wiki article and it seems to make much more sense to me now.

Thanks again,
bobo1on1 Wrote:During playback, go into audio settings (the place where you can select the audio stream etc), then increase volume amplification.

Hi

i just updated 15 mins ago and i love the limiter.....

is it possible to add the volume ampflication to lircmap/kemaps?
so we can map 2 volume adjustment keys and 2 volume apflication keys...

this qould be more a confortable way than go into the audio settings during playback.

greetz and thanks on bobo1on1 for this (and for boblight, and , and...)
KARATELIGHT
I've been using it for two days and its incredible, I can't use high Db because sometimes distorts high frecuencies.

Currently I have it at 4 Db and I'm getting very good results, and surround is working perfectly

Watched transformers yesterday without problems. Well done!
Gave it a try today - thank you so much bobo1on1!

This makes XBMC so much more kickass.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I took it for a spin as well. Downloaded the windows build last night. Works great. The wife loves it. Its not easy to impress her either. If you ever find yourself near St.Louis (US) I will buy you a beer.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume limiter in git...0