Confused about what XBMC version i have
Question 
Hi all, new to the site and just wanted to say that its awesome!! Im currently a devoted iphone jailbreaker and my friend surprised me today by sending me a jailbroken ATV(black) so im trying to navigate my way around in the ATV jailbreak scene!

One thing im confused with is when i go to my xbmc version it says i have darwin. I was looking on the wiki's and it says the current release is Dharma and the next will be edan and frodo. I didn't see Darwin on the list at all so im wondering if i need to upgrade or something? I came across this when looking for skins it says that some are only for certain versions and since my version isn't even listed i wanted to hash that out before i start on a download craze. Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the noob question. But we all have to start somewhere right!
Welcome welcome!

Darwin is the name of the iOS (and OS X) kernel. I'm not sure why it shows up where it does.

You and everyone else has pre-Eden on the ATV2.
Thank you very much for the reply Ned!

Is there somewhere i can check(for future reference) on what version i have and not the kernal? I i didn't see it anywhere else in system info that told me the actual version that was loaded and that seems to be a pretty important piece of information to have lol.

It says below the summery information screen in blue "XBMC pre 11.0 Git:20110623-62117b3(compiled : jun 23 2011"

Does that still only tell me the kernal build? My apologies for the noob questions. I wish my friend didn't jailbreak this for me so i could have learned it haha.
System info will say something like Pre-11, a Git number, and a compile date. For now that's pretty much the version. It's a Pre v11 release (v11 is codenamed Eden) and the Git/date indicate specifically what "developer revision" you have. Even when Eden goes final it will probably not actually say "Eden" anywhere.

Dharma is the codename for v10
Eden is the codename for v11
Frodo is the codename for v12
Ok awesome i see that information. Thanks again Ned i really appreciate it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused about what XBMC version i have0