can no longer set content as "Music Videos"
i went to add some home videos (which i keep separate from movies and tv shows by uploading them as music videos) and i noticed that nothing new was getting added to the library, even though they had correct .nfo files created (i create them manually). i have added new files to the music video library as recently as Aug 7, 2011.

i then removed the entire source folder and went to add it back into XBMC, and i can no longer choose "Music Videos" when selecting "Set Content" for a folder - the only options are Movies, TV Shows, and 'None'.

Am i missing something? what happened to the Music Video functionality?
You need to get and install the Yahoo Music Video Scraper, even though it doesn't actually do anything. With no music video scraper installed (MTV is broken), you cannot set content to Music Video.
thanks for the help. i did just that - i can now set content to Music Videos again.

strangely, though, i'm still having trouble adding my videos to the library - a library update picks up nothing...and when i remove the source and add it again as music videos, it adds none of my videos - even the ones i had added to the library previously.

not sure what is going wrong. i would hate to have to add home videos manually from now on.
Post a cut and paste of one of the nfo's you're using to try and add a video.
Code:
<musicvideo>
        <title>2011-09-01</title>
    <album>2011</album>
    <genre>Home Videos</genre>
        <plot>title</plot>
        <year>2011</year>
    </musicvideo>

i always copy a previous .nfo and then edit it accordingly. seemed to work fine before...
There is a bug that the MTV scraper needs to be active for nfo files to be processed. At some point in the past you probably gt a prompt "Add-on has been marked as broken, would you like to disable it" and answered yes. This disabled the MTV scraper so the nfo processing stops working.

The fix is to delete Addons.db. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\Database"

(including the quotes) and click OK, and an Explorer window should open. Delete or rename Addons.db then run XBMC, and after a few seconds you'll get the "Add-on is broken" prompt again. Answer "No" this time. Now try a scrape and it should work.

Leaving the MTV scraper active shouldn't cause any problems even though it's broken.

JR
worked perfectly. thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can no longer set content as "Music Videos"0