Solved Option to Create Multiple Video Libraries
looks like another work arround,
perhaps i can give it a try also depents if my kid can work it this way.
need to figure out how i can put that option on my remote when i finally get it once working in XBMC.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
TRaSH- Wrote:looks like another work arround,
perhaps i can give it a try also depents if my kid can work it this way.
need to figure out how i can put that option on my remote when i finally get it once working in XBMC.

You can have a logon at start up with profiles

Why would smart playlists break the addons ("recently added tv-shows" and "recently added movies") ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
my HTPC would run constant on XBMC only goes to standby,
so it will be always running.

becaus when you disable the movie entry point(why would i want to keep it when it's a big mess with the kids movies mixed with my movies) and use the playlist as entrypoints it won't show the addons when i select movie or tv-series (using aeon MQ3).
Your talking about the widget you would need to edit the skin and replace movies with a link to your playlist that excludes kids then it would still work
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
TRaSH- Wrote:my HTPC would run constant on XBMC only goes to standby,
so it will be always running.

You can switch profiles from the shutdown menu or probably easier to understand for kids is to map a remote button to call the login screen this has a nicer feel IMHO, you need to map the following in the keyboard.xml

Code:
ActivateWindow(LoginScreen)
TRaSH- Wrote:becaus when you disable the movie entry point(why would i want to keep it when it's a big mess with the kids movies mixed with my movies) and use the playlist as entrypoints it won't show the addons when i select movie or tv-series (using aeon MQ3).
Can you not set the addons folder as a Favourite then use the skin settings to add the Favourite to the Home screen?
jjd-uk Wrote:Can you not set the addons folder as a Favourite then use the skin settings to add the Favourite to the Home screen?

perhaps but then it doesn't show "recently added movies/TV" when i goto the movies,
and the info about the movies/TV in collection
@>>X<<

Thanks - could someone just have told me that 1 year ago Big Grin

Looking at the movies in File view and using Pre Eden - I actually see this as the best solution for all this. IF we can not have multiple Video Libraries

----------------------------------------------

I dont think the real solution to all this is a work around using multiple profiles or playerlists. Specialy the multi profile setup I know gonna make my family confused even I setup profile makros and stuff.
how it looks now,
if you need seperate entry points and your movie/TV serie split from each other,
for example if you don't want your kids movies in your list without weird work arrounds the best solution would be use MC7+MB.
there you got the option to have different entry points(multiple movie or TV entrypoints) on the home screen.

but i'm still looking if there will be a decent way to get it all working with XBMC
Well for kids the login screen on a remote button seems ideal to me the transition between profiles doing it that way is very nice plus they can have their own skins settings addons and don't mess with how you want your library

If you want it all under one profile then for the time being your either have to use custom menus or sub menus or your going to have to edit the skin and replace the original "Movies"
. moved to new thread.
Yep, having multiple libraries/entrypoints/categories or whatever you want to call it, like Media Browser would make me put my first donation in. That is the one lacking big feature I see missing from XBMC. How hard can it be to implement this?

Or to just simply add more sort filters to the playlists like the already Name, size, etc.
>>X<<' Wrote:Well for kids the login screen on a remote button seems ideal to me the transition between profiles doing it that way is very nice plus they can have their own skins settings addons and don't mess with how you want your library

i was doing some testing with this,
and was using the toggle profile switch guide
switching to the kids profile worked,
but switching back doesn't work.
it brings me back to the kids profile

i edited the keyboard.xml by adding
Code:
<b>LoadProfile(Kids)</b>
in userdata\keymaps
then i made a new keyboard.xml with
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <b>LoadProfile(master user)</b>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
and put that in userdata\profiles\Kids\keymaps
Got XBMC up since a couple of weeks on my new apple TV 2 now, but the option to make more libraries would be so totally the only thing i'm missing...

Just putting in my vote here Wink
I had a look in to the databases and docu there.

the bad news is: there are 4 differend, hard coded categories, how video content is managed:

movies
tvshows
episodes (tvshows)
musicvideos

The good news is - it does not matter, because almost all requests can be considered as a subset of one of these above.

So how can a generic category be split in the remaining generic content and a derived custom subset.

Easy answer:

we need an additional flag for selection.

There is already a similar solution in place to remember the preferred view per datasource using a separate db called video modes database and containing one table, that stores the video mode per file source path.

So what is necessary to achieve hiding of custom categories and show them alone in a separate category:

prerequisite: store the custom conten on a own source location
create a new table with 2 columns (customID default 0, path)
choose scraper for this location and save the custom category id along with the path in the reference table
the data goes unfiltered to the right structures like any other content
store the id flag in the new table along with the datasource path

all tables / schema in xbmc remain untouched
4 views will be extended by parameter customID default 0 and will join the new table.

each classic select call to the views will return all content with default entry 0, even if no parameter is provided, the custom conten will remain hidden.

The skin needs some adjustments to deliver custom buttons for the new category and call python / the query to fill the container for browsing with the additional custom parameter.

For conveniance one can write a config window - lets say for 5 custom categories (names) under system / settings / skin and can add them to the menu to hide / show the custom category 1..5 similar like the option to show / hide movies, tv-shows, videos.
Also the scraper choice menu can have a selection for default, category 1..5 when configuring the source.

After this, xbmc can have 5 custom scrapeable categories along with each standard tv-shows / movies / music videos category.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to Create Multiple Video Libraries0