neon + plexbmc issue
I am not really sure where to start with this but I believe the issue is related to the neon skin.

i have windows plex media server setup. i can access it fine from the default confluence skin.

switching to the neon skin when i try to set the source path of any menu item other than videos to one of the directories being served up by plexbmc addon it always defaults back to the root directory lookup instead of staying on the chosen plex directory.

example. i set "Videos" menu item to Videos > Video Add-ons > Plexbmc > Bluray

now anytime i click on "videos" in the main menu it jumps straight to the bluray directory. That works as expected.

Now I set menu item "HD Movies" to HD movies > video addons > plexbmc > bluray. i can see the bluray directory now.

however when going back to the main menu and selecting "HD Movies" again it defaults back to an empty directory. It does not seem to be retaining the path to the PMS share i set.
I'm not sure I follow what you are doing. Are you creating a source called HD Movies and then expecting the HD Movies link to take you there? If so, that's not how it works.

How about a step-by-step of what you are doing and what your desired results are.
-stoli-
so my PMS has a share called "bluray". i can map the "videos" button on the main nav to the bluray share using the pleXBMC addon. i.e. i click "Videos" and i see bluray directory. to set this up i click Videos > Video Add-ons > Plexbmc > Bluray. now everytime i click "videos" i see the list of my bluray movies. that works as i expected.

however i can not get any other menu item (movies,hd movies,etc) or any custom home buttons or custom favorites to map to any of the shares on the plex media server. example: for "hd movies" i follow the same steps above however anytime i click on the "hd movies" button instead of showing me the bluray directory(or any directory for that matter) i see an empty directory with the "..".

the end result i am looking for is when i click on the"HD Movies" button in the main menu I want it to point to my bluray (or any share) that is being served up by the plex media server.

As i stated before i can set everything up and access it property when using the default confluence skin the issue only starts when switching to the neon skin.
after more research i think what i am trying to do is add the plexbmc plugin as a source. pre dharma you used to be able to just do an add source and pick the addon. seems now you have to do something similar to this?? plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite

however i can not find any instructions of exactly where i do that.

i tried putting plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc in as an add source but that didnt work.

anyone know anything about this?
issue solved.

had to set the plexbmc share as a favorite then assign that favorite to the home screen.

so next question can i add more than the default 5 favorites?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
neon + plexbmc issue0