• 35(current)
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?
(2012-04-14, 18:26)josh_parker123 Wrote: The problem is the case im after (wesena itx2) doesnt have front usb ports is there anything i can do so that i can use this function ? any help would really be appreciated
You should be able to extend any USB 2.0 with CIR header to the front......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Without reading all post, I might be asking a question allready answered... But anyways
Any of you have experince with Ubuntu and IR remote?
I have the ASRock A75 Pro4-M, and have considered the ASRock remote thing but don't think it will look pretty in front of my Case AND have read in the first cuple of poste here that it has bad range.

So, I'm looking at the HP MCE reciver, wich some of you have recommended earlier:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-NEW-Orig...3f14adc192

Any of you know if it will work with XBMCbuntu out of the box? and with my Harmony One remote?
Thanks in advance Smile

Extra info: I have low level experiance with Linux for many years, but not with XBMC on Linux that is a new teritory for me. But have used XBMC on windows for 2 years with my harmony One remote working perfect.
Linux Mint: XBMC PVR Xvba
HTPC: AMD Fusion A8-3870k. ASRock A75 Pro4-M. 4GB DDR3. Intel 320 SSD 40GB . Silverstone ML03
problem is, your in UK, im not sure you can order a FLIRC.TV dongle..
(2012-04-14, 06:04)r1lee Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 21:05)beetlesnack Wrote: Hi all, I tried to read as much of the thread as I could. I have the ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 motherboard. Am I correct in understanding that I don't need a CIR module, and that I will be able to use a wake on USB function to start up the PC?

If this is true, then what kind of USB-IR receiver should I be looking at? I'm also looking for a cheap but nice universal remote, no desire for LCD on it or anything like that. How do you get it to learn the right command for turning on/off the htpc? Thanks.

this is what you will need.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-REMOTE-CONTROL-...333&sr=8-1
Thanks. Do I have to use that receiver or can I just use any receiver? And do I have to use that remote, or can I use any remote?
well, this is tricky...
my friend Beer40 just build a new HTPC with that same motherbaord
and he cant power on his htpc from a total off state using his MCE remote pachage...
it just doesnt work for him,,,

its a hit an miss kinda thing..
u may try the remote package suggested by r1lee,
if it worked for him, well, maybe it'll work for you but,.
im just saying its not %100...

but if it ends up working,
then, u can use lets a harmony remote with your receiver.
it'll work..

in return, visit his htpc thread, good infos there
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009

specially
Unisen's iPazzPort Mini RF 2.4GH Keyboard (KP-810-10-A) Turns on you pc from cold with this mobo.
(2012-04-14, 19:33)bluray Wrote: [quote='josh_parker123' pid='1076003' dateline='1334420807']
The problem is the case im after (wesena itx2) doesnt have front usb ports is there anything i can do so that i can use this function ? any help would really be appreciated

Its not the extension thats the problem, the mobo requires a specific usb port to be attached to a usb and cir header but all the rear ones are just usb ports.
(2012-04-17, 22:33)josh_parker123 Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 19:33)bluray Wrote: [quote='josh_parker123' pid='1076003' dateline='1334420807']
The problem is the case im after (wesena itx2) doesnt have front usb ports is there anything i can do so that i can use this function ? any help would really be appreciated

Its not the extension thats the problem, the mobo requires a specific usb port to be attached to a usb and cir header but all the rear ones are just usb ports.
Just put it this way- whatever USB 2.0 port you use with CIR header, you can extend it to the front with this cable- USB 2.0 extension cable ......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi guys, I have already an Harmony Remote and MCE compatible receiver - it works well as MCE for XBMCBuntu right now.
Recently I ordered an asrock A75M-ITX equipped with CIR.
Is there any chance I can combine it together - on/off my pc using my harmony remote?
Or will be necessary to buy an asrock receiver?
well, it may work for you without the asrock cir receiver...

but again, as u can read in post #516, its not bullet proof...

if it doesnt work, u can either use the asrock cir receiver
or
buy the Inteset cir receiver and re-pin it to work with asrock cir hearder.
ok I have better wait a day or two and just test it ;-) but sorry I am quite impatient and I would like to know everything in advance.
my problem is hardware you are talking about here is mostly from the USA but I reside in EU...
googling for "asrock smart remote" i got only us-links...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMART-REMOTE-ASR...41642a386c
(2012-04-16, 21:24)eskro Wrote: well, this is tricky...
my friend Beer40 just build a new HTPC with that same motherbaord
and he cant power on his htpc from a total off state using his MCE remote pachage...
it just doesnt work for him,,,

its a hit an miss kinda thing..
u may try the remote package suggested by r1lee,
if it worked for him, well, maybe it'll work for you but,.
im just saying its not %100...

but if it ends up working,
then, u can use lets a harmony remote with your receiver.
it'll work..

in return, visit his htpc thread, good infos there
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009

specially
Unisen's iPazzPort Mini RF 2.4GH Keyboard (KP-810-10-A) Turns on you pc from cold with this mobo.

Yes its true my IPazz turns on from cold.... but my MCE remote don't..... I would love for the MCE remote to work.

I just talked to Cpt Hook he says he has an MCE remote and on his asrock he was able to turn on from cold.

Could it be because my MCE remote it's mapped differently? I don't know....

I have flirc.... I wonder what I can do with it..... Big Grin
woa, yeah, try Flirc!!

and, which MCE remote package you have CpTHOOK?

any links for us? thx
I just tried Flirc.... no likey.... still it don't work with my dish network remote.... it works with my MCE but its super slow ... i have to press the button twice... and browse fast forget about it...!!!!!

Tried turning on from COLD nope.....

back to my regular MCE remote....... it would of been sweet if I could of use it to turn on from cold.....

If not ill buy what Hook has..... he will answer....
u may install the beta firmware from FLIRC forum Beer40.
apparently, wake from usb is fixed.
who knows!
http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1...elease-v6/

and here's how to record the wake command
http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1...mware-etc/

also. Microsoft remotes wont work well with FLIRC
as they use an IR frequency that Flirc doesnt like.

might be the same for your dish remote.

try a TV remote, thats what FLIRC likes!
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?3