• 4(current)
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?
Thanks...

I emailed them also and got a reply within 10 minutes with the same info.

ordering one now
what email do you used? i emailed them with this "[email protected]". i never receive anything back from them, and this is the third days.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
After reading Eskro's post, I checked if my MoBo has CIR. Lucky enough my BIOSTAR has a CIR header. Now to the hard part, looking for compatible receiver for it. Has anyone has any leads to where to look?
WhiteLighter Wrote:After reading Eskro's post, I checked if my MoBo has CIR. Lucky enough my BIOSTAR has a CIR header. Now to the hard part, looking for compatible receiver for it. Has anyone has any leads to where to look?

NVM...I found this Remote with IR receiver from BIOSTAR
i wonder if you could buy that asrock CIR USB receiver
and simply use it with your mobo!

i mean, if your CIR header is a 4pin,
and in right under a USB header,
like on ASROCK, i bet PowerON/OFF will work,,

but for actually controlling XBMC with it,
thats something that will cost you $8 to try
Just sent an email to their support for inquiries and question if it does support power on from a complete shutdown (maybe someone who has bought the MoBo with a bundled IR receiver and remote could verify). I did found someone selling the remote and receiver in ebay for $12.

Seems like the CIR header is 6 pin (with one missing will have a closer look on the weekends while doing some cleaning) right between the audio and com header.
you need to check if your MOBO is setup like this

but i repeat, since its not a ASROCK mobo, i cant say 4sure,,

however, its something to try Smile
here's what my MoBo CIR looks like
not good then,, sorry :/
Just received Biostar support reply on my email yesterday
Quote:The IR header will not turn on the system. You may manually configure it to shutdown in Windows.

You may purchase the remote from the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Biostar-Remote-C...4aaaf257cb

[email protected]

626-581-1055 menu select 2
looks like its not meant to let you PowerON from total shutdown state,,,

oh boy,,, Biostar,,,
Got confirmation a few hours ago from ASRock that they got my check and shipped my USB CIR adapter for their motherboards.
voip-ninja Wrote:Got confirmation a few hours ago from ASRock that they got my check and shipped my USB CIR adapter for their motherboards.

wonder why they are so hard to find
WhiteLighter Wrote:Just sent an email to their support for inquiries and question if it does support power on from a complete shutdown (maybe someone who has bought the MoBo with a bundled IR receiver and remote could verify).

I have a ASRock Z68M-ITX_HT and can confirm that the CIR receiver will power on from the remote from a complete shutdown (ACPI S5) state.

The remote works in newer openelec builds, the newer xbmc builds and in mythbuntu (11.10 beta 2) so far that I have tried.
that is great newz cyberdiamond!!

do you happen to have an harmony remote at hand?

trying to see if the ASROCK USB IR Receiver would work with it
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?3