Thanks and first question
Question 
Hello,

First of all, I would like to thanks the developers and all advanced users of XBMC for this great program! I've migrated from WMC to XBMC because of its features and support ;-)

Secondly, my first question is this forum is about how to manage external disk drivers in XBMC. I have a SATA dock station where I can put my external SATA disk. Every disk have a different label but the disk is recognized by Windows using the same drive letter (i.e. X:\).

So, if I add movies from these sources to XBMC and after that I put the disks offline, how XBMC will identify which disk must I insert?

I hope I've explained well the problem (sorry for my english).

Thank you very much!

Note: Please, is it possible to change the post title to "How to identify 2 different external disks (or more)"? Thanks
This should help you : [RELEASE] Media flags for external hdd storage
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
Thanks!

It seems a great trick. I'll give it a try. I'm reading about need to change the skin to Transparency! instead of my Aeon MQ2 but I'll see...

Thanks again humferier!
Hello,

I've changed my skin to Transparency! and I've found that the movies screen when using the Item view changes the movie case to YELLOW if the movie is not available.

For example, my offline DVD movies are included in the library using a "movie.dvd.disc" file with a <message></message> indicating the disc number and where is the disc (i.e. kitchen, office, etc.).

But, if I catalog movies that are in an external hard disk drive, these movies are removed from library after a clean because they aren't accessible.

So, how can I mark a movie as "external" so XBMC doesn't clean it (I'm thinking in something like, "if the mount point is not accessible, then I can't test if the movie is deleted so I don't delete it".

Any idea?

Thank you very much.
In the set content page of the external source, uncheck "run automated scan" or check "exclude path from library updates" (or both)

If it don't work, I have no idea Sad
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
Hi humferier,

If I enable "exclude path from library updates" then I can't "scan for new content" because XBMC will exclude the path.

It solves the problem of offline movies dissappear but it doesn't solves the problem for managing them automatically. If you delete a movie in the hard disk you need to go to XBMC and delete the movie (but you can't, you need to to a clean library).

Right now I'm doing the following: I have a T:\XBMC\Mount directory where I "mount" the hard disk instead of a drive letter (i.e. T:\XBMC\Mount\USB_MAXTOR or T:\XBMC\Mount\EXTHDD_01). Then, I define a new source as T:\XBMC\Mount so I can scan in every hard disk.

But I'm thinking in creating a source for every external hard disk ... so I can manage better them.

Any ideas? Someone is using external hard disks for storage? (an evolution of old cd/dvd storage ;-)

Thanks.
Hi again,

I've done the following test:

- Scan content from an external hard disk
- Mark this source as "exclude path from library updates"
- Unmount the disk
- Clean library
- The information is gone!

So, this setting does nothing or I don't know how to use it.

Any help would be very appreciated about how to mark a movie to be permanent (the movie is in an external hard disk that can be connected or not) and not erased by a clean library action ...

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thanks and first question0