Help xbmc keeps minimising
hi tehre

so how do you disable it ? also would this not effect the drivers for the video settings as i have a few options disabled and changed and also not been able to access setting ?

thanks

alos can you reenable it ?
Quote:so how do you disable it ?
Disable it from starting by unchecking it in the startup tab of MSconfig.
Quote:also would this not effect the drivers for the video settings as i have a few options disabled and changed
Your driver settings are well loaded, just don't have the tray icon.
Quote:also not been able to access setting
Just stat CCC form "start" Menu when you want to edit your settings.
I have seen this two more times now and I don't have CCC running as a process so it isn't that. I did disable a bevy of services and it seemed to prevent minimising but not sure which one it was.
I have the exact same problem running Windows 7 and ATI. Will try some of the disabling options and report back if I get success.
mika91 Wrote:It seems that Control Catalyst Center is still running on your log (process "CCC.exe")

Thanks that seems to have fixed it I don't even need a delay in the load up now as it I have removed the delay.

I disabled the catalyst control centre that loads clistart.exe

What does this do by the way as the ccc is still in the right click menu ? And was wondering what it disables.

This does not stop any settings I have setup in the ccc does it ? As I have some options in there on and off

This does seem to be a ccc problem and I might report this to ati and tell them it's causing problems with xbmc minimising.

I don't even know what ccc is doing to cause this

Cheers
Well it fixed it but I am sorry to say it has created another problem by not letting that ccc load up on startup the picture flickers when playing back video. It's very hard to see but then in some scenes its in your face.

I reenabled the ccc and played the same parts back and the flashing was gone so this ccc startup must set some sort of settings.

I just can not win

Do you think the new version of xbmc can ignore or block the ccc from minimising the window.

Any suggestions
Are you sure its not just the system tray icon that can be disabled in CCC

If disabling CCC.exe is causing issues with video then you probably need to change some options via windows that were enabled originally by CCC ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I disabled clistart.exe as that's the only thing in startup in msconfig that is under ccc there's no ccc.exe. Also I disabled the try icon in the ccc settings
Is there a way to fix this as it's starting to pee me of as it's making xbmc unusable.

I know it's the ccc control panel driver causing this as when I disabled it everything was ok apart from the video flicker and I had to reenable it to stop the flicker.

I can not be the only one that as this problem. Is there a way for xbmc to stop minimising with the ccc control driver.

Thanks
Hi all just wondering can u install the ati driver without the ccc panel ?

If u can can u still set settings to control the video like refresh rates and video adjustments as this is still minimising to the desktop and since I know its the clistart.exe causing this.

I am suprised alot more people don't get this as I would of thought it would do he same on all ati systems

Cheers
anyone ? please help
Don't load explorer.exe then it shouldn't happen
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Don't load explorer.exe then it shouldn't happen

What you mean ? Disable it In msconfig ?

What does this do explorer

Cheers
This contains details of how to disable the CCC.

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_4.html

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:This contains details of how to disable the CCC.

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_4.html

JR

thanks but if i disable clistart.exe which is casuing it when i play videos theres a strange flicker flashing effect and when i renable clistart.exe its ok again apart from minimmising.

going to try 11.9 drivers to see if that corrects the problem as i am running 11.6 and have been toled 11.10 has problems with video

will report back when i finished

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help xbmc keeps minimising0