reach XBMC via window messages?
How do I use the Window Message funtion to send the following keystrokes to an unfocused XBMC window?

I need to be able to target an unfocused XBMC window with a remote control. Previously I´ve managed to get it working with with the help from "window messages" targeted for application like i.e. Dscaler or MPC-HC, and now I need it for XBMC.

I´ve figured out that XBMC support some WM_APPCOMMANDConfused by looking in \xbmc-10.1\xbmc\WinEventsWin32.cpp. But I need to send more commands from my remote. Here is a complete list aside from the listed appcommands like APPCOMMAND_BROWSER_BACKWARD or APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PLAY that I need to use:key: up, down, left, right, c

I use:
IR Server Suite
Windows 7 x64
eHome compliant remote control + IR receiver/tranciever

Thanks!

/Erik
Update!

Looks like I figured it out by reading this post.

Here is an example where I can trigger the "c key" from my remote using Window Messages in IR Server Suite:

Window class: XBMC
Word param: 67 (key c, more virtual key codes here).
That works, but XBMC has several remote control APIs and using these would be more elegant. The most powerful remote control method is JSONRPC, though the EventCleine API is also good. You can even control XBMC through HTTP, though the HTTP API is deprecated and will be withdrawn at some point.

I can dig out code for the JSON and EventClient APIs if you want some examples of how it's done. Actually I think a test Eventclient is till on my web server. Have a look at http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/XBMC/ and see if there is a file EventClient.zip or something similar.

JR
Thanks JR, but I think I stay with the perhaps less elegant solution that my IR software supports out of the box. Good to know though that there are more options for future usage.

/Erik

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reach XBMC via window messages?0