Acer Revo HD Audio
Can anyone confirm if an Acer Revo 3610 can pass through HD audio (trueHD / DTS-MA) and such to an Onkyo HTX22HD via HMDI/optical?

I'd really like to buy the Onkyo tomorrow and have it setup to watch transformers tomorrow night if this will work Big Grin

If it cannot pass HD audio, I will have to switch audio tracks to DTS 5.1?

Thanks
no it cant, sorry
t2ffn Wrote:If it cannot pass HD audio, I will have to switch audio tracks to DTS 5.1?

Nope. Dolby True HD is decoded to be 8 channel PCM (just as good really), and with DTS HD it will just bitstream the core DTS track (which is still three times as good as DVD DTS).

Thanks.

I'm not really up to speed on audio side as i've yet to buy my first 5.1 system to go with my xbmc system. Will the optical be better than hdmi for passing audio yo the onkyo?

I just want to know that i will get a good 5.1 output, and the best way to acheive it with the Revo.
well u will,,, just use HDMI
t2ffn Wrote:I'm not really up to speed on audio side as i've yet to buy my first 5.1 system to go with my xbmc system. Will the optical be better than hdmi for passing audio yo the onkyo?

No! Go HDMI if you can! HDMI is the only way for the decoded Dolby True HD to remain uncompressed.

Thanks for the info.

As I will need to extend the satellite cabling, is there anything in particular to look for? Oxygen free, shielded? Connections?
Make it shielded and don't overpay. Monoprice.

Thanks poofy, I'm in the UK and would like to get everything today so I'll be trying Richer Sounds, which of these cables looks about the right level?

http://www.richersounds.com/products/hi-...ker-cables

Or is a generic cable such as http://www.screwfix.com/p/speaker-cable-...00m/42855# going to work just the same?

Thanks for the help
t2ffn Wrote:Or is a generic cable such as http://www.screwfix.com/p/speaker-cable-...00m/42855# going to work just the same?

Thanks for the help

Honestly those look great.

Onkyo bought.
Cable bought.

Need stands for the rear speakers but will bodge something to test it out tonight.

Thanks for the help deciding to buy this. I will give my feedback on the system when I am up to speed on it.
i have been using onkyo brand with several models for 15yrs or so now. i haven't had one break on me yet. you'll enjoy your onkyo. if it comes with audyssey, you'll have fun with speaker’s placement and calibration. it's the two major things in setting up surround sound system.

to get the best video and audio quality, you need to connect it this way- htpc>onkyo>hdtv via hdmi cables. you can set onkyo to passthrough video (video will be processed by htpc and hdtv and onkyo's job is to process audio).
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo HD Audio0