Powersaving: Restart option
I would like to request a very small feature which isn't very much work for you guys.

At Settings - System - Powersaving settings you can change the behavior of the 'Shutdown' command via 'Shutdown function'

Basicaly you can choose from every shutdown command except 'Restart', would it be possible to add restart as well please?
How is restart saving any power? The machine will be running the entire time and as most have it setup it will boot right back into xbmc leaving it in the same state as before. Not to mention that most hw takes more power during a start than idle.

Makes no sense to have powersaving option restart afaict.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:How is restart saving any power? The machine will be running the entire time and as most have it setup it will boot right back into xbmc leaving it in the same state as before. Not to mention that most hw takes more power during a start than idle.

Makes no sense to have powersaving option restart afaict.

It has nothing to do with the term 'powersaving' but this is the place where you can change the shutdown command behavior.

Sometimes I need to reboot my htpc and in most skins (if not all) it's possible to that via the main menu. Except most of the times you need to do some extra clicks on the remote to start the reboot command.

So this is why posted my request to add 'reboot' as well, so when setup properly you click 'shutdown' and the pc will be rebooted.

Does that makes any more sense regarding my request? Smile
Changing the c++ code of xbmc's core is not the right way to fix this problem.

The right way to do this is with keymap.xml, add the following to your keymap file: <key>XBMC.Reboot()</key>.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Powersaving: Restart option0