Looking for a skinner to make some super small changes to Confluence
Question 
I am looking for someone to make some changes to the new Confluence skin for the upcoming version of XBMC. I don't need alot of changes, and it's all just simple coding work that i simply do not have time to mess with.

All I want:
Make/add the "Movies" and "Tv Shows" on the home screen point to a specific folder using FILE MODE - NOT LIBRARY MODE!. The location can even be hard coded if making a menu add location system is too complex. I have done this in the past so I know it is possible.

Move some bits of the info window to the bottom center of the screen between the bottom edge of the screen and the scroll bar along the bottom for the fanart viewmode and visible at all times (ie i can hide/unhide the info window and these items remain bottom center). The items are just the file information icons for resolution, codecs, etc

Thats it, should be cake for someone who knows this stuff. I can toss you $5-$10 US via paypal for your time or you can donate your time for karmic reasons either or...
what folder what exact info window?

If you can post a screenshot I can make this bit of coding
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
if the 'Movies" and Tv Shows" could got to an smb shared folder using filemode that would be perfect, i can add the network path manually if you would be so kind as to do the rest of the code work and tell me which file, and line to place my own, that would
work Smile
Here is a quick hack of which info and where from the information window
ok, got what you want...will take a look at it tomorrow, as here in germany midnight has already passed and bed is calling Big Grin
Danke - and thank you very much.
any luck?
hey,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier...

time is less than expected atm, but i didn't forget you...
Hopefully waiting one or two more days is ok...

mm
oh of course Smile just checking in is all Smile
So I had some time and dug in for the home page changes I want. In the past i simply edited the <onclick> event, unfortunatly i cannot get this to work with the new skin.

<item id="10">
<label>20342</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,Movies)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton)</visible>
</item>

In the old skin this *would have worked* (well with "VideoFiles") to go right to the source named "Movies". In the current skin it simply goes to the files section. anyone have any thoughts?

****Ok found a trick (I'm sure there is a more elegant way to do it, *'s are the name of the smb computer):
<item id="10">
<label>20342</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,smb://*******/Movies/,Return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton)</visible>
</item>
Mad-Max. I see your mod has many elements that i would like... Specifically i love this view:

hey cold_reams

good to hear that you figured it out...and sorry for not helping you :-)

If you like, you can get the view...I can package everything you need to integrate it in your skin or you just can download my Confluence MOD and use it as a whole...I hope you know where to find it :-)

cheers,
mm
Max I was thinking about grabbing yours, modding the code as I need it then hitting you up (if your willing) for any help i need.

Just will take me a bit to figure out which files control which in this new version but it seems similar enough Smile
Yeah, no problem, if you have questions do not hesitate to ask...
As a hint for starters:
Open the addon.xml of the skin and set "Debugging" to "true"...this way you always see which xml is active and which control has focus...this makes it a lot easier...
credits for this go to butchabay as he tought me this ;-)

cheers,
mm
Do you know, is there a way to display the shows plot in the season list for the viewvideorightlist.xml . The issue is I do not know how to call the plot other than $INFO[ListItem.Plot] and of course that only works at the show level, not the season level...

-I tried $INFO[Container.ShowPlot] but that doesn't return anything
ok, I am nearly done, but there is one thing that always bugs me. Is there anyway to force the skin not to momentarily load the default background while switching fanart images? it is fine if there is no image to load but when its moving from one to the next it just looks odd to always see the background bleeding through...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a skinner to make some super small changes to Confluence0