Starting a slideshow while Music is playing
Hello,

I've found similar questions but none that answer mine. I'd like to start music and then go to pictures and start a slideshow. I'm using VRC-1100 with custom mappings of some buttons.

If I want to start a slideshow, I go to the pictures menu and select the first picture of a list and hit play. (I still can't figure out how to do a recursive one with the remote)

However, if music is already playing, I hit play and the music pauses and unpauses and no slideshow starts.

I wanted to map some buttons to just start a recursive slideshow with whatever folder is selected, but there is no <MyPictures> or <PicturesFiles> section in the keymap.xml file. The only section there is <slideshow> which happens only when slideshows are already playing.

How do you fine folks do this?
I don't think there is an easy way to start a slideshow while music is playing. The closest is to set the slideshow as a screen saver then start the music and wait for the screensaver to cut in.

A while back someone hereabouts discovered you could start music playing then immediately start a slideshow by using a Python script. However this wasn't a general solution as you had to hard code the music source in the Python script.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I don't think there is an easy way to start a slideshow while music is playing. The closest is to set the slideshow as a screen saver then start the music and wait for the screensaver to cut in.

A while back someone hereabouts discovered you could start music playing then immediately start a slideshow by using a Python script. However this wasn't a general solution as you had to hard code the music source in the Python script.

JR

Thanks for your reply.

I discovered one way to do this but I wouldn't describe it as simple.

Start the music,
Go to the pictures section.
Use your Mouse to point at a folder.
Right-click to get a context menu.
Select the slideshow option.

I wish there was a way to get that context menu for a selected folder without a mouse being involved. It wouldn't be the easiest method, but at least you could do it from a remote.
Drublic Wrote:I wish there was a way to get that context menu for a selected folder without a mouse being involved.

Press C? Most remotes don't have a button that sends a "C" keypress, but you could easily map some button on the VRC-1100 to the "ContextMenu" action.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting a slideshow while Music is playing0