OEM Boxed heatsink height for AMD A4-3400?
Does nyone know what the heatsink looks like, and how tall it is for the retail boxed AMD A4-3400?

I would like to purchase a Sliverstone Milo ML03B case

And install a retail boxed AMD A4-3400 / Heatsink combo on a Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H. A combo I can buy at my local Fry's this weekend for only $109 after a $10 rebate. this weeks Fry's Motherboard / CPU combo deal

From my searching all I've found out is that the Silverstone case needs the heatsink to under 70mm. But I've found no info on how tall the retail boxed heatsink is for this AMD CPU.

I'd only like to buy this MB/CPU if I can find out if this combo will fit in the SilverStone ML03B case.
i have no idea and i've been looking for this answer too!
I think this would be a good combo CPU/MB/Case. And thanks for the case suggestion by the way.
Despite the socket change, heatsink specifications haven't changed. All existing Socket-AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+ heatsinks should work just fine as long as they can handle the rated TDP of the chip you're cooling. source:Anandtech

so I went to look for the specs for Am2/+ and Am3:
Dimensions (L x W x H)
AMD Phenom II AM2+ stock cooler (108 x 92 x 62 mm)
AMD Phenom II AM3 stock cooler (92 x 91 x 62 mm )
Source : silentpcreview
these are proximate, but seems to have the same height :62mm
But i am not sure , i am only quoting , i will be able to answer in a couple of days as i am waiting for my A4 (not the audiWink ) to arrive .
hope its not as big as the A8 3850 APU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLJcAyF5cC8
One other question I have is this combo powerful enough to play any 1080p file, without buying a separate graphics card?

AMD A4-3400 APU

Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H
g725s Wrote:One other question I have is this combo powerful enough to play any 1080p file, without buying a separate graphics card?

AMD A4-3400 APU

Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H

Using AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W & ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75, it plays bluray disc/iso/1080p rip, Netflix HD, and Hulu HD just fine, no stutter or skip frame that I can see.
pyrospawn Wrote:Using AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W & ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75, it plays bluray disc/iso/1080p rip, Netflix HD, and Hulu HD just fine, no stutter or skip frame that I can see.

With retail boxed Heatsink/Fan? If so, could you put a tape measure to that? Wink
Using a ruler, measuring from mobo to top of heatsink fan is about 48mm.

It sounds like the stock HSF will work...but I can verify that this cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185097
will fit in that case (since in researching my own build, I have seen pictures of it inside of the case).

I don't know how loud the stock cooler is, but this guy will fit for sure and keep it nice and cool without much noise.
pyrospawn Wrote:Using a ruler, measuring from mobo to top of heatsink fan is about 48mm.

Thanks!
How much for the fan? (I plan on removing it!).
the fan itself is about 16-17mm
Thanks!
pyrospawn Wrote:Using a ruler, measuring from mobo to top of heatsink fan is about 48mm.

This is a big help. Thanks for doing this. At this point I can only get to Fry's this Thursday now. Hoping they have a few left.

But I'm curious, where is the bottom of that ruler resting. 48mm is not even 2". Is the bottom of your ruler really on the MB? That just seems so small. The last two i7 PC I built had like 4" heatsink/fans.

Also I'm curious what kind of temps are you getting when processing?

And thanks ottothecow, maybe later if funds warrant.
g725s Wrote:This is a big help. Thanks for doing this. At this point I can only get to Fry's this Thursday now. Hoping they have a few left.

But I'm curious, where is the bottom of that ruler resting. 48mm is not even 2". Is the bottom of your ruler really on the MB? That just seems so small. The last two i7 PC I built had like 4" heatsink/fans.

Also I'm curious what kind of temps are you getting when processing?

And thanks ottothecow, maybe later if funds warrant.

The bottom of the ruler was touching/standing on the MB. I was only holding the ruler upright with 1 finger, and taking pic with iphone on other hand.

Playing bluray rip/iso for 2 hours+, temp strayed into 31oC, but most of the time stayed around 27-28C. But that probably due to the fact I left gap open on top panel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OEM Boxed heatsink height for AMD A4-3400?0