1080p h264 stutter - xbmc only
I have a 1080p h264 mkv that stutters at the same point every time.
Dropping 100 frames in a few seconds. CPU utilization 60%. mpc and vlc don't have this problem.
Sync playback to display checked. Although it happens with any combination of playback options anyway.
Was on 10.1
Upgraded to nightly - same problem. What am I missing here help me.
XBMC's current inbuilt video decoder doesn't support multithreaded CPU decoding; check GPU decoding is enabled if your machine supports this, if not it could be the lack of CPU MT support causing the issue, or potentially the video decoder XBMC uses ATM just doesn't like that section of file as it's not the most cutting edge (I have files that just don't like DVDPlayer at points).

The choices you have if the last section is the case are either use an external player, or give DSPlayer a try.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Turn on DXVA in playback settings.
Hahah, knew I forgot something in my post (that was it).
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
bobo1on1 Wrote:Turn on DXVA in playback settings.

This might be helpful if I had graphics that supported this.
alexrose1uk Wrote:XBMC's current inbuilt video decoder doesn't support multithreaded CPU decoding; check GPU decoding is enabled if your machine supports this, if not it could be the lack of CPU MT support causing the issue, or potentially the video decoder XBMC uses ATM just doesn't like that section of file as it's not the most cutting edge (I have files that just don't like DVDPlayer at points).

The choices you have if the last section is the case are either use an external player, or give DSPlayer a try.

I was under the assumption that XBMC is using FFmpeg.. Oh well. I'll have to investigate alternatives.
IIRC When Dharma went out there was frustration because Camelot (the previous) version DID have CPU MT support, but when they updated the code, they discovered the old MT hacks no-longer worked; and XBMC hasn't had a significant update to it's player yet which'll resolve this.

From what I've head, the next time the playback engine is updated CPU MT should be restored.

Use DSPlayer Rev 553d719 its basically the same as Dharma then you can run multithreaded using either the default MPCVideoDec or maybe LAV Video
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks for the suggestions but a minor overclock solved the issue for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p h264 stutter - xbmc only0