Any way to make XBMC portable without -p
Question 
Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I use an app suite called portableapps.com In order for an application to show in its launcher menu, the application has to be installed in a certain directory, ex: g:/PortableApps/XBMC
I tried placing the shortcut in this directory with the -p pointing to the proper directory, but it will not show unless the actual exe file is in this directory structure. When this is the case the -p can not be added from what I can tell, which then XBMC will use the roaming folder on the PC it is being used on. Is there any other way I am not seeing? Even if it is a no, a reply is welcomed (:
mrdally204 Wrote:I tried placing the shortcut in this directory with the -p pointing to the proper directory, but it will not show unless the actual exe file is in this directory structure.

The -p switch doesn't take an argument so "-p C:\somedir" will treat C:\somedir as a separate argument and just ignore it.

Can you put a batch file in g:/PortableApps/XBMC and use the batch file to launch XBMC? Or create a symbolic link to make g:/PortableApps/XBMC redirect to your XBMC installation folder (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link).

JR
Maybe this will solve your problem

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=740795&postcount=1
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
jhsrennie,
I will look into those ideas further when I get home later.

>>X<<,
This may be an option once, but I want to make it work for ongoing releases as they happen. Ideally, I want to make and distribute it via the portableapps community to help spread the word of this great media player even further. This is just the first obstacle I need to overcome. Thanks for the info, and more welcomed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to make XBMC portable without -p0