Help with media companion sets pls
Hi
I've just finished going through my complete movie collection, everything film over 2 files is now labeled cd1 and cd1 in each folder etc so no more doubling up on movies, and everything now has fanart and cover,
my problem is i altered some movies into sets
IE
zacks for my sons films
007 for bond movies
westerns for.....westerns etc
anyway i didn't realise these sets would be boxed together i thought my whole movie collection would be on view but i would be able to just look at a particular set if i wanted to
because i wasn't happy with the way sets work, i went into MC and changed all my movies back to the set of "none"
now when i re-enter the movie files to xbmc when i go to movies there is a set called "none" which i have to open to view my movie collection
its a minor issue i know but slightly irratating after spending so much time arrangeing my collection so it would finally be correct,
any ideas please?
Hi,
All fixed now, it turns out the version of media companion i had updated to changed the set
none
to
-none-
which xbmc actually reads as a set named none, instead of no set if that makes sense
anyhow, i changed to an older version of mc, selected my entire movie collection 1847 films, and re-set them to the set
none
now its all working fine,
just thought i would post in case anyone else hits the same problem
hammerhead69 Wrote:my problem is i altered some movies into sets
IE
zacks for my sons films
007 for bond movies
westerns for.....westerns etc
anyway i didn't realise these sets would be boxed together i thought my whole movie collection would be on view but i would be able to just look at a particular set if i wanted to

I use media companion too. For movie sets I use them for prequels and sequels etc. You mention Westerns, Westerns is a genre.

For example you could have a movie set called "Clint Eastwood" inside it you could put Hang 'Em High, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Joe Kidd. If you scanned them with the imdb scraper in media companion they will be under the Westerns genre. So when browsing your westerns wont all be hidden under a westerns set.

You might find it more efficient if you made your sons movies into a genre. That way you will still be able to view them in the library without them being hidden behind one cover (a set).
excellent, thank you very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with media companion sets pls0