How Force MQ2 to show banner.jpg!?
Hi guys, im having an hardcore time with this skin now,,

for god knows why, the banner mode for TV SHOWS doesnt work well,,,
the banners dont show up! they did before!
there's just no explanations here,,,

Banner.jpg are still in my TV SHOWS own folders...
just like usual!
but the banner wont appear on screen now!?

no matter what i try, updat/reload/scan for new content/ you name it!!

TV SHOW banners wont appear..
what i see is the banners but empty,,,

How Force MQ2 to show banner.jpg!?

i tried MQ3 and its the same!!

thanks
Should be a skin setting somewhere to chose banner.jpg or poster.jpg
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
well i always saw the banners before... im in banner view...

now nothing works,, i think im about to forget XBMC as media application,,

just doesnt work right
I have had not (mentionable) problems at all so far. Been running nightlies from the beginning.
Have you tried a different skin?
There are some late change in the skinning engine so sometimes the skin isn't yet updated to fix the changes. I've always used the latest nightly and Aeon Nox and so far it's getting fixes rather quick. Sometimes even before the actual build.

Maybe i'm just very lucky Smile
Because of the way the skin pulls the Banner.jpg first thing I would try is deleting your "Textures.db" in \userdata\Database
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Because of the way the skin pulls the Banner.jpg first thing I would try is deleting your "Textures.db" in \userdata\Database

but then? no textures?
Should be rebuild automatic but then in the wright way. Just rename the db and start xbmc again. This way you can always put the original db back.
Trust me this isn't anything to do with fanart or thumbs it wont cause any problems the texture paths will be replace again

If your worried just remove it you can always put it back
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
ok i'll try,,, thx
nope, didnt work either,,,

at this point im pretty much done,,,

im tired of fighting with this skin,,,

i've always had issues from the beginnning,,,

the music section never pulled all fanarts correctly,
and now this banner view issue which still occurs in MQ3...

oh well, it was fun till it lasted,,,

im giving NIGHT skin a try ,,,,
Maybe give Aeon Nox a try. If it also happens in other skins it's definitively something in the setup that went wrong.
yea well, think im gonna pass on those AEON skins,,,

there's nothing i'Ve done at all that could have break something,,,

so, i dunno,,, NIGHT skin looks clean and very nice
Do you actually have posters available as well as banner.jpg because there is an option in MQ3 in banner view to switch between posters banners in the side menu "Banner" "Alternative/Default" I didn't mention it before as you said they were empty but without posters being available they would be, I have posters and banners available and get squashed posters if its set wrong banners if set right
oh sure, those options have played with, but still doesnt work
Strange I just installed "XBMC-20111005-288f496-master" and MQ3 and banners showed straight away except for one TV Show that was missing "folder.jpg" added folder.jpg and it worked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Force MQ2 to show banner.jpg!?0