How Force MQ2 to show banner.jpg!?
i tried those, nothing makes the banner.jpg show up,,,

this skin is crippled with bugs
Never mind it was worth a try I only use certain images for tv basically the ones I know that work for sure Smile

banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
seasonXX.tbn

Certain images aren't even looked for by XBMC the skin pulls them like banner.jpg and poster.jpg

Edit : just tried the same images as you for TV and got exactly the same result as you no banner

I used

banner.jpg
Fringe.tbn
Fringe-fanart.jpg
poster.jpg

This is why I only use the ones posted above
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Just tried MQ3. Had to set "banner: alternative" for correct showing of banners.
My used images:
banner.jpg *
fanart.jpg *
folder.jpg
poster.jpg *
seasonXX.tbn
clearart.png *
logo.png *

* (this will be automaticly downloaded by TV Logo Downloader)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
can u show me all your tv shows structure?
or better, show me EMM setting where you tick which file to look for,,,

thx
What happens if you just take the banner you want... downloaded from tvdb or whatever. Name it 'folder.jpg' and put it in the folder. Remove everything else besides the fanart.jpg Those are the only two picture files i keep in mine and it works just fine. Unless you want to be able to switch back and forth between tv posters and tv banners that is all you really need.
My folder stucture is something like this:
TV Shows/This.great.show/
tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg (background image)
folder.jpg (banner image)
season1.tbn (season image)
season1/
---This.great.show.s1e1.pilot.mkv
---This.great.show.s1e1.pilot.nfo
---This.great.show.s1e1.pilot.tbn (episode image)
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
This was working fine but now all banners are missing even though I don't recall having changed anything!

folder.jpg - poster
poster.jpg - poster
banner.jpg - banner

Neither MQ2 nor MQ3 are working as expected. I have also tried wiping my complete XBMC installation and starting again which has not helped. When viewing the banner view and setting Banner: Default, I get a stretched poster (as expected) but setting Banner:Alternative just gives an empty space where the banner should be.
I found a solution (for me, at least).

I dragged an old MyVideos56.db database from a backup and loaded it into SQLite Database Browser, and compared it to my current, broken, database.

Turns out that I didn't set things up exactly the same! No

Under tvshow.c16 I found that the old database had paths like:
smb://SERVER1/video/TV/Buffy the Vampire Slayer/
whereas the new database had:
\\server1\video\TV\Buffy the Vampire Slayer\

Reason being that I remember that I set up the old library completely via the remote control, by going through the list of SMB servers and picking the appropriate network share. This time, I just typed in the path Microsoft-style, but forgot to include the smb:// prefix. I don't know if it's the missing smb:// or back-slashes which upsets things, but it's all okay now.

Hope this helps somebody else. I was pulling my hair out over this one because it just didn't appear to make any sense!

--

The only other thing I've noticed - you MUST also have a folder.jpg file in the TV series' folder. I noticed that a couple of my TV series didn't, and as a result the banner doesn't load.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Force MQ2 to show banner.jpg!?0