AirPlay now available in W32 nightlies
Thanks to the tireless work of the Boxee Team (For the original AirPlay code) Memphiz (For the iOS & Linux ports) and wsoltys (For the Windows port), we now have a function implementation of AirTunes in XBMC for Windows! No AitTunes yet, but this is an amazing start!

457 (PR)

I just tried it by playing my Wedding video from iTunes on my desktop in the office to my Living Room instance of XBMC, it worked immediately!
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Philmatic Wrote:Thanks to the tireless work of the Boxee Team (For the original AirPlay code) Memphiz (For the iOS & Linux ports) and wsoltys (For the Windows port), we now have a function implementation of AirTunes in XBMC for Windows! No AitTunes yet, but this is an amazing start!

457 (PR)

I just tried it by playing my Wedding video from iTunes on my desktop in the office to my Living Room instance of XBMC, it worked immediately!

I've had the opposite luck on this...

I tried off my iPhone 4 running iOS5 to play a video and it did show up but when I played it XBMC never displayed the output. Hoping things didn't change in iOS5 to cause this not to work.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
pyrodex Wrote:I've had the opposite luck on this...

I tried off my iPhone 4 running iOS5 to play a video and it did show up but when I played it XBMC never displayed the output. Hoping things didn't change in iOS5 to cause this not to work.

I was at work when I tried this (LogMeIn on two seperate machines), when I get home, I'll try playing something from my iPhone. I'm running 4.3.1.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
I've got a Windows Vista (32-bit) HTPC running the nightly build from Oct-09-2011 right now (updated when I saw the "AirPlay" feature comments!). I also have an Iphone 4 running iOS-5-GM just fine.

What works at present:
-YouTube (Video quality auto-upscales as it can, audio goes through just fine. no hitching, no audio de-sync. Over all, 5 thumbs up.)
- Video playback from "Photos" app (This is stuff I've shot WITH the iPhone 4 itself. Video quality is great, audio is great. Only hitch, if I shoot anything landscape instead of portrait.. it plays back flipped UPSIDE DOWN.)

What doesn't work:
- Netflix crashes completely if Airplay was even turned on in the last video app I come out of. No icon indicator to change it IN Netflix either (I think this is Netflix's issue however.) MovieVault, Hulu, and a few other video streaming apps behave the same way as well.. but I wouldn't be surprised if this was due to lack of AirPlay support by the DEVELOPER.. so take that with a grain of salt.

Over all love this added functionality. Let me know if further testing needs to be done, I'll be more than happy to help.
pyrodex Wrote:I've had the opposite luck on this...

I am having the same experience. I set it up, I tried multiple nightlys. I cant airplay anything from my ipad or my iphone, both on IOS 5.

I feel like I am missing something. You just download it and check airplay and the zeroconf option, then it should show up on your apple device?
Hey guys,

I'm in a similar position, I've got iOS 5 iPhone 4 and streaming anything from YouTube etc works fine, but if I try to stream my mp3s from the iPod app xbmc sits and does nothing?

The iPod app sends it to xbmc, it states on the the phone it's being played on the xbmc, it look fine... But xbmc does nothing unless I send it files stored on YouTube etc?

Looking into it and will post a log for the devs to look and and will post back with any updates I get.
nuttertmf Wrote:I am having the same experience. I set it up, I tried multiple nightlys. I cant airplay anything from my ipad or my iphone, both on IOS 5.

I feel like I am missing something. You just download it and check airplay and the zeroconf option, then it should show up on your apple device?

I had to install bonjour print services for Windows before my iPad would connect to xbmc. Hope this helps.
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
Only video is working for Windows, no music.

I believe the dev' working on this says it won't make Eden...which means a fairly long time until this is looked at again (if it ever is).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay now available in W32 nightlies0