wrong audio channel mapping
Hi!
using latest XBMC 10.1 for mac with external firewire interface ESI duafire.
Speakers are configured for stereo, and interface has two output jacks - one for headphones, and other for line-out. Normally, and from all other apps on my Mac audio plays simultaneously both from headphones, and line-out jacks. Now, in XBMC, I have normal behavior with stereo and AC3 encoded tracks (I am talking about watching movies). However DTS encoded tracks output sound via Headphones jack ONLY. No sound from line-out (thats where I have my stereo system connected). If I configure XMBC (in Audio outputs) for 7.1 speaker system, I get one channel from line-out, the other is silent. Same if the config is 5.0 channels. With 4 speaker config - sound only from headphones, as in default config (the way its supposed to be) - 2 speaker.
Now thats weird, can anyone give me directions on how to map channels manually, via config files perhaps (on mac).
I repeat that I have zero issues with all other apps, and XMBC itself with stereo and AC3 tracks.
Thanks in advance,
Alex.
I have found the same issue with Apple GarageBand - both it, and XBMC, maps the audio out in a wrong way - i.e., instead of system specified setting of 3/4 outputs on my Esi Duafire, they channel to 1/2 balanced jacks, which is totally useless for me. I can still hear sound via the headphones jack.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wrong audio channel mapping0