SMB shares only work until sleep
I've got an odd problem on my XBMC (Pre-11.0 compiled Aug 31, 2011) on my Mac Mini with Snow Leopard.

I have a variety of SMB shares configured to a network server. All of them work fine when XBMC is started. However, I have my XBMC configured to put my Mac to sleep on 5 minutes of inactivity. If this is triggered, then when it is awoken again, it won't be able to connect to any of the SMB shares, and will complain Error "Operation timed out" and then Remote share "Could not connect to network server" back-to-back.

If I then quit XBMC, OS X will report that XBMC closed unexpectedly, do I want to ignore, report or reopen. The report option shows that it is a EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS). When I reopen XBMC, the SMB shares work again.

Oddly, if I manually suspend the Mac from within XBMC, this problem does not arise. Also, if this bug hasn't occurred, then XBMC closes normally with no error.

Steps I've taken to debug:
1. Rebooted
2. Deleted one of the SMB shares and re-added it while things weren't working. The newly added share also didn't work until XBMC restart.
3. I opened the XBMC log file from one of the unexpected closes, and I'm not seeing anything that jumps out, except that at the end the log ends at NOTICE: application stopped instead of continuing to have debug statements about libraries being unloaded.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares only work until sleep0