gigabyte e350n-usb3
Just picked up a bargin. a mini pc with the above MB installed, cased, 4GB Ram, 1TB HD & DVD RW Drive. (£110 new Laugh)

Swapping out my MATX HTPC for something smaller and less powerful as i only use XBMC to watch mostly watch movies, TV shows and listen to music (inc Internet Radio) which is all stored on my NAS (4TB). I dont use plugins and use the default skin.

Looking for advice the best way to set it up. i.e. put in a nvidia card (210GT which i have spare) in for XBMC live or openelec, usual win7 with xbmc on top., etc etc etc.

Not bothered about boot times as my NAS (synology) takes ages anyway!
opps forgot to mention, most of my top vids are 720p AC3
OpenELEC once the 350 support comes along. I really like the way OpenELEC great speed, and the setup is almost as easy as Windows. I usually dread the Linux tweaks, but they have it pretty solid on the distribution.

If you're going with the GT210, you might be able to play with it right now. I think the support on the APU is what's taking a while.
The zacate plays everything I throw at it without problems. I believe you'd be restricted to windows only though at this stage, as mentioned.
if you're planning to bitstream hd audio once in a while, i'm recommending this $42 card- GeForce GT 430.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gigabyte e350n-usb30