Gamespot plus - problems
when trying to run the gamespot plus script, i start it up and try to select a connection speed, as soon as i select one, it kicks back out and stops running...

i have the script located in:
q:/scripts/gamespotplus/

the code for the script says the directory for the script is:
Quote:scriptpath = "q:\\scripts\\gamespotplus\\"

yes i have my network setup properly for a fact, no ifs ands or buts about it, it's something the script is doing, has nothing to do with my network or the settings for it...

i have done the following:
triple checked to make sure the script is indeed installed where the script expects itself to be installed.
deleted and reinstalled a fresh build of xbmc after wiping all settings from the hdd
tooled around with a couple different versions of the script and then edited it myself hoping to get it working by magic maybe...no luck...

anyone know what is going on here...
hi yuyu,

the only way i could get it to behave as you describe was to mistype the scriptpath = "q:\\scripts\\gamespotplus\\" line.

maybe it's a skin issue. have you tried a different one.

sorry not much help.

edit: i got mine here http://www.xbmcscripts.com/
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(nuka1195 @ april 08 2005,16:24 Wrote:hi yuyu,

the only way i could get it to behave as you describe was to mistype the scriptpath = "q:\\scripts\\gamespotplus\\" line.

maybe it's a skin issue. have you tried a different one.

sorry not much help.

edit: i got mine here http://www.xbmcscripts.com/
thanks for the input, seems as though no one has an answer. i had already tried everything you suggesteed and indeed did try the script version that is posted on that site... it's the only script i have never gotten to work so i am not that worried about it at all... just a mystery i guess i wanted to solve, i'm not even that big of a gamespot fan really :p
hi,

my gamespotplus.py is also not running.

in the scripts view you can press the white button so it goes into debug mode! ..

my gamespotplus also asks for a connection speed, then exits without a message.. i had a look in the script, and i think it wants to save your connection speed in "gamespotplus.cfg" but it can't! ..

when i go into debug mode, it says the following:

typeerror: 'str' object is not callable

here are the lines, from the source gamespotplus.py:
##############################

def connectionspeed():
global speedidx
choices = ["56k (dialup)", "150k (dsl/cable)", "300k (cable)", "700k (t1/lan)"]
dialog = xbmcgui.dialog()
speedidx = dialog.select("connection speed", choices)
f = file(scriptpath + "gamespotplus.cfg", "w")
f.write(str(speedidx) + "\n")
f.close()

##############################

def loadcfg():
global speedidx
if os.path.exists(scriptpath + "gamespotplus.cfg"):
f = file(scriptpath + "gamespotplus.cfg", "r")
speedidx = int(f.readline())
f.close()
else:
connectionspeed()

######################

does anyone have an idea, why it stops at the f.write(str.. point??

thanks a lot.

scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

try creating gamespotplus.cfg in a text editor with "3" in it no quotes. that's for 700k. copy that to the same directory as gamespotplus.py. now run the script and see if you can change connection speed and it writes. (it's the connection button on the left.)
doesn't help..

then it freezes after loading the .cfg file ..

in debug mode there is:

f = file(scriptpath + "gamespotplus.cfg", "r")
typeerror: 'str' object is not callable

so i guess it tries to load the gamespotplus.cfg file but it cannot read the file because "str" whatever it means doens't work ..
i think "str" means "string" or something..

scape

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

maybe try uploading the python folder again and make sure all files are included. maybe a fresh copy of python.rar.
i can also confirm that i'm having this same issue as well. this is the only script that does this.
same problem here  Sad
same here...

where is the writer? he seems to have disappeared!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
it would be great if any other python pro could have a look at the script. i have no knowledge regarding python programming..

does anyone have this working?

i find it hard to believe that only 7 people out of all the people using xbmc are the only ones using this script!
yes the script does work.

i copied the gamespotplus folder directly to the scripts folder and ran it. the gamespotplus.cfg file had defaulted to 700k, worked fine. i then deleted the gamespotplus.cfg file and ran the script, it asked what speed and saved the file and worked fine.

i just edited gamespotplus.cfg, i deleted the number inside and uploaded it to the xbox. doing this gamespotplus won't run. i can't even delete the file until i reboot.

so maybe gamespotplus.cfg file got corrupted, try deleting it and see if that helps.

other than that, how are your xboxes modded.
nuke,
i've copied the script straight over from several different places several times... none work.

i've tried at least the last 10 builds... none work.

i've tried several skins... nada

i've deleted the cfg... once deleted the script runs and asks to pick a speed... i make a choice, it then goes back to the script main menu... it never saves a new cfg. thus, the cycle continues.

the way it is moded should not matter at all but... i use an x3 chip and run xbmc as my dash. the script was working fine for a long while but seems to have broken about a month ago.

this is really frustrating.

nuke, are you sure you are not using the regular gamespot.py... that one works fine for me. just the gamespotplus.py is hosed.
i got the gamespotplus.py working now!! Cool

but don't ask me what was changed in the script or anything else as i don't know ...

it worked for me, after i updated to yuyu's batch file dbr .. there was already the gamespotplus script included for creating the new xbmc package. this script works for me!
no matter what changed, if anything changed.. but i think the problem was, in the package ther is already the gamespotplus.cfg file included (set to 700k). and that works perfect. you can also change the connection speed from within the menu.
the script is also in pm iii skin !! Cool

now, just tell me how i can upload the script here? i have made a new .zip file with the gamespotplus package ..

i didn't found any possibility to upload an attachment to this post..

scape

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamespot plus - problems0