[ATV2] can't "Show Information" on movies
Hi,

Just noticed a weird issue running the Oct 11 nightly. It happens whether I use the Confluence or reFocus skin (I haven't tried others, but could if need be).

I changed my settings to have "Show Information" chosen in the System settings under Video --> File Lists --> Default select action, rather than "Play". I then went into my movie library (stored on NAS via MySQL) and selected a movie, expecting it to show info. But it started playing, instead of "showing information".

If I go into my TV Show library, it DOES show information like it's supposed to when I select something. The "play rather than show info" behaviour only occurs when trying to play a movie (any movie).

XBMC log:
http://pastebin.com/e1btkKGk
(an example of the relevant "get info" attempt for a movie starts on line 1,217)

Note: This isn't in the log, but I also tried changing the File List setting to "Choose" rather than "Show Information". When I clicked a movie, I got the dialog box asking me to either "Play" or "Show Information". But no matter which one I clicked, the movie always played--never showed info, even after I chose that from the dialog.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
So, I take it that for everyone else, the "Show Information" function is working properly? Even just someone telling me that would be helpful, as then I'd know it's something on my end alone.
nope it is a general XBMC issue I guess, I am having it on my Windows version as well as on OpeneElec
Thanks for confirming.

So...any ideas on this, folks? I can't get to any of my movies' information at all.
Sigh...figured it out. Movie source had somehow lost its content setting. Changed it back and now I can view movie info.
Thank you!

This happened to me today and I was able to solve it in ten seconds thanks to this thread!
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
same here, fixed with this thread THX Smile
But: had to rescan Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] can't "Show Information" on movies1