Two questions about scraper and sound equalizer
1. I cannot change scrapper for movies.
I place new .xml file into C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\scrapers\video
but when i navigate in "Set Content">"This derectory contains" and change to "Movies" category i see only "themoviedb" scraper, and no option to change it to another one.

2. Does XBMC have option to equalize the sound of playing movies ?

i use XBMC ver. 10.1 and windows 7 ultimate
thanks !
.... hmmm, nobody know, so maybe somebody can tell me how to ad new scrapper to 10.1 version XBMC ?
Thanks for any reply !
1. browse the addons, then go to movie information and then pick one from the list and install it.

Out of interest, what scraper are you trying to add?

2. i believe this is available in the nightly builds but not in the current stable (10.1).

I could be wrong on point 2, as it's not a feature i use myself and my pc running nightly builds is currently fubarred till tomorrow.
thanks for reply
i search for Russian scrapper...
didn't find any movie information in addons Sad
but i tried to install a latest Nightly Build and find "add more" in scraper selection section, i choose the "kinopoisk" as Russian scrapper but when it works i have some characters display problem, they shown in gibberish, even if i change encoding and other settings to russian it's still gibberish ...
and sound equalizer still miss Sad
Does the skin you are using have a full russian translation?

Err i think the "equalizer" is called volume amplification in the audio settings while a video is playing.

Hopefully someone a bit more in the know will pop along and answer your questions properly.
If you want to change the scraper then you need to download one from the addon repo. I can't tell you if there is a good Russian one. Once it is installed you can go to the video section, choose edit content and change the scraper.

For question 2, karandras24 is correct. Volume amplification is the feature you want. Its only available in nightly builds. When a file is playing press M and then set the slider under Volume Amplification. This is helpful for leveling the sounds so dialogue is audible and action scenes don't blow your ears out.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
thank you karandras24 and htpc guy
i dont know the reason but after few restarts of the program the characters is shown properly.

you both was right - the "Volume amplification" feature is very close to what i want, it really make sound more detailed, crystal. Thank you very much !
but the problem is that i need to adjust this on every video separately, is there any way to make global default adjustment, i dont see such option in xbmc settings, maybe somebody know the way to tweak some settings files ?

and i got another strange problem - the program start to lag at any place in menu when i just switch from one option to another it freeze about 5 seconds, no reaction for any button pressed, it also lag when i switch between movies in the library and take many time to display thumbnails.
i was tried to completely uninstall xbmc and delete settings, and try to intall different versions - nothing help Sad
any idea ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two questions about scraper and sound equalizer0