Dual video cards, dual displays, can I enforce XBMC to work with a specific card?
Question 
Ok,

So I have dual video cards (built-in) and an ATI HD 6870

both are powerful cards, even though the ATI is better.

Anyways

so I have 2 displays (projector and a 46'' LED)

Is there a way to restrict XBMC as an application to always use one of those two cards?
OS?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
windows 7
anyone?
HiSoC8Y Wrote:Ok,

So I have dual video cards (built-in) and an ATI HD 6870

both are powerful cards, even though the ATI is better.

Anyways

so I have 2 displays (projector and a 46'' LED)

Is there a way to restrict XBMC as an application to always use one of those two cards?

I would also like to hear if this is possible. I have a gtx580 which cant bitsream, so i was thinking of installing a 520GT along side this and use the 520 for my XBMC output only...
You can't "restrict" but you can choose which display to use, and the GPU it's attached to will be used.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:You can't "restrict" but you can choose which display to use, and the GPU it's attached to will be used.

So it is possible to have two different GPU's running in one system them? Big Grin
Sure. With Windows 7 you can also mix brands. I've been running with an ATI and an nVidia card for a while now.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Cool.Now all I need is a GT520 for my bitstreaming needs Wink
CrystalP Wrote:Sure. With Windows 7 you can also mix brands. I've been running with an ATI and an nVidia card for a while now.

Well I got my 520GT but I can not get it working along side my 580gtx..
It just shows up as an AGP device i ndevice manager and when I plug my HDMI lead in nothing happens?? Is there something that I am missing? I tried to update driver on the card(which would be the same as my 580gtx) but it said the best driver was allready installed!!
Perhaps there is a BIOS setting that need changing?? I am running win7(64), on a AsusP8Z68 delux mainboard
You need to extend the Windows desktop to the new screen if I remember correcly. You'll have better answers for this in forums focused on Windows problems though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual video cards, dual displays, can I enforce XBMC to work with a specific card?0