Background and Fanart appearing blank[atv2]
First I want to say I absolutely love the aeon skins, and being able to utilize Aeon-Nox that works well on apple tv has been great for me. There is one issue i'm running into when setting up the skin:

When I first switch to the Aeon-Nox Skin none of the backgrounds appear on the home menu screen. It looks like they do appear when I go into System or other menus that show a background but not on the actual menu itself.

This seems to also be the case for any menus that have fanart(movies,tv shows) as it just all appears black instead.

I switch to confluence just to check and all backgrounds show up. But on Aeon-Nox, they're blank even when I switch them over to custom backgrounds I've added. I'm not sure what is causing this and I hope I'm not missing some small step somewhere. Huh I've searched high and low for something like this but haven't found any similar results. Please let me know if you may have a solution to this problem.

I've also noticed that on most of the viewtypes that require you to click(up/down) to go to the media menu it tends to kick me out and go back to home screen instead of showing the menu. This may be an Atv issue but figured i'd mention it to see if it is a recurring issue.

If you're able to help on the blank background issue I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm really enjoying XBMC and appreciate all of the hard work on the skins!!
r0ck0n Wrote:First I want to say I absolutely love the aeon skins, and being able to utilize Aeon-Nox that works well on apple tv has been great for me. There is one issue i'm running into when setting up the skin:

When I first switch to the Aeon-Nox Skin none of the backgrounds appear on the home menu screen. It looks like they do appear when I go into System or other menus that show a background but not on the actual menu itself.

This seems to also be the case for any menus that have fanart(movies,tv shows) as it just all appears black instead.

I switch to confluence just to check and all backgrounds show up. But on Aeon-Nox, they're blank even when I switch them over to custom backgrounds I've added. I'm not sure what is causing this and I hope I'm not missing some small step somewhere. Huh I've searched high and low for something like this but haven't found any similar results. Please let me know if you may have a solution to this problem.
This probably because you are using an ATV2 build that is to old. Try updating to the latest one.
I presume you're using the passion-xbmc repo to install the nox skin?

Quote:I've also noticed that on most of the viewtypes that require you to click(up/down) to go to the media menu it tends to kick me out and go back to home screen instead of showing the menu. This may be an Atv issue but figured i'd mention it to see if it is a recurring issue.

If you're able to help on the blank background issue I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm really enjoying XBMC and appreciate all of the hard work on the skins!!
can't help you on this one. Maybe some one else.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I checked all my builds and I believe they're all up to date.

Apple TV 4.3
XBMC 10.0-9

As for the skin, I originally got it off of Git. Just for kicks I uninstalled and reinstalled one from passion directly. Does it make a difference to install the repo and pull the skin off of it from the addon menu as opposed to installing the skin manually off passion?

Thanks again for the feedback
That doesn't sound like the latest xbmc. Can you check what build date you have.
You can check under settings->hardware->summary.
There should be a version+build date. It should say something like: xbmc pre-eden11.0.

Git is a few days ahead of the passion-xbmc.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Okay, yes it's listed as 11.0 there
You need a nightly build from at least september 30 for this skin (and most other newer skins) to function properly.
Thanks Everyone!! I was definitely new to using a nightly build but that fixed all of the issues I was having.

Great Skin!! Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background and Fanart appearing blank[atv2]0