Any potential issues with this i3 / GT430 setup?
There is probably no benefit for me going windows over openelec though, as there is still no boblight support plus a slower boot plus I'd have to buy a w7 license.

The biggest reason not to switch from openelec though, is it's currently working! lol.

After about 4.5hrs messing with it I'm just happy I can use it.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:There is probably no benefit for me going windows over openelec though, as there is still no boblight support plus a slower boot plus I'd have to buy a w7 license.
i thought you have w7 according to your messages "Pop in a win 7 disk, format the drive with that, then try re-installing again (each install is taking about 30mins as well), again, no network access, and this time screen is flashing weirdly with something about LIRC."

if all the setup is correct, w7 is very quick. i run 4 htpc's with w7, and all of them is capable of playback bd in 1080p video and bitstreaming dts-hd and truehd audio with both 7mce and pre-eden!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
ahh, sorry for the confusion, no I was going to install w7 but in the end I just used it to format the disk in case it wasn't being formatted properly, then I shut down the htpc and tried installing xbmc live again.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
eskro Wrote:i'd go for the CELERON G530

+1
I just bought this guy and now it's patiently waiting in its shiny box for the other components to arrive home... Damn, I'm so excited!
Cool

Edit: NOW I realize I'm late... you already have the i3. In any case, nice powerful beast!
heh, no worries, what motherboard did you go for?
i3 + g430 for OpenELEC, thats overkill lol
Well I didn't plan on installing OpenELEC, the plan was for XBMC Live, but for whatever reason I couldn't get XBMC Live installed so OpenELEC came to the rescue Smile

*edit* though I have to say, the noise is starting to drive me a bit crazy, after how quiet the build was before, not sure if it's the gfx card or cpu though
Ok so I did a bit of testing, the GT430 makes next to no difference to the noise, it's all the stock i3 cooler.

It's so freaking noisy!
reduce its fan speed in bios

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any potential issues with this i3 / GT430 setup?0