Can't advance to the next screen... probably something stupid
For some reason I can't advance to the next option when I'm trying to access my videos. Whenever I click on Video Add-Ons, or Install from Zip file, or Enabled Add-Ons, I can't advance to the next screen. The last thing I was doing was trying to use my Android phone as a remote. I can access my System options, but like I said I can't check to see what the Enabled Add-Ons are or anything. If I click on Install from Zip File, it says what drives I have available, but if I highlight C drive or anything else it won't advance from there.

Sorry if that's not clear. It's a really stupid issue, and I tried doing a search but I wasn't even sure what to search for.

Thanks all.
bump
Let's have a look at a debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC. Go to System, then Add-ons, then Get add-ons. Assuming selecting GetAdd-ons does nothing, try it a few times then close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

Just to check: you say:

Quote:For some reason I can't advance to the next option when I'm trying to access my videos

but it isn't clear what this has to do with Add-ons anyway. Normally to add your videos you select Add source and create a source pointing at wherever on the hard disk or network you keep your media.

JR
pastebin.com/6Kj1hbs4

I'm not really sure how to explain the issue, and I think that's where a lot of my difficulty is coming from lol.

I think trying to use my android phone as the remote might be some of the problem. Using my keyboard and mouse, if I go to Video -> then try clicking Movies or Video Add ons, nothing happens. If I go to System -> Add-ons -> Install from Zip File and try to click on the C drive or Home folder, nothing happens. If I also try to click on Disabled, Enabled or Get Add-Ons here, nothing happens.

When using my android phone as the remote, I still can't advance the screen, but a noise is made every time I try to advance to the next screen.

Hopefully this makes more sense?

Thanks for the help
Your log is incomplete. It ends abruptly after 285 lines.

For now don't test with the Android remote, because if you reproduce the error with the keyboard that is easier to debug. Also check there is no DVD in the DVD drive and no ISOs mounted as virtual DVDs (the log suggests there isn't, but check to be sure).

Enable debug logging and restart XBMC then using the keyboard navigate to System, Addons, Get Add-ons, XBMC.org Add-ons. Close XBMC and post the log to pastebin noting at what point the navigation stopped working.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't advance to the next screen... probably something stupid0