XMBC 720p choppy but fine with VLC and WMP
I cannot seem to find a solution on to why when I use xbmc to stream 720p or 1080p movies from a shared folder, it's really choppy but when I use VLC or Windows Media Player they play perfectly fine.

Which configuration do I need to adjust in xbmc to play my 720p and 1080p movies?

Thanks for you help in advance.
XBMC 10.1 + sabnzbd + couch potato + sickbeard + xbmc constellation = priceless
Here's my log
http://pastebin.com/JmWjqgiJ
haven't read the log, but do you have DXVA2 enabled, that may fix your problem
You didn't turn debug logging on, so your log shows only restricted information. You can enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging.

Having said that, the error is obviously:

Code:
WARNING: DXVA - decoder problem of status 1 with 255
WARNING: Previous line repeats 18 times
etc

There is some problem with the hardware acceleration.

I think hardware acceleration should work on the Radeon 3200 GPU, though it can be flaky for the Radeon 3x00 series. You could try updating the video drivers. Do you get the choppiness on all videos or just some videos?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You didn't turn debug logging on, so your log shows only restricted information. You can enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging.

Having said that, the error is obviously:

Code:
WARNING: DXVA - decoder problem of status 1 with 255
WARNING: Previous line repeats 18 times
etc

There is some problem with the hardware acceleration.

I think hardware acceleration should work on the Radeon 3200 GPU, though it can be flaky for the Radeon 3x00 series. You could try updating the video drivers. Do you get the choppiness on all videos or just some videos?

JR

Sorry, I'm new with the debug logging so I'm not really sure what I'm posting but thank you for the information and your help.

I'll see if there's a new update on my video drivers and I only get choppiness on the 720p and 1080p. The SD plays fine.
isamu.dragon Wrote:haven't read the log, but do you have DXVA2 enabled, that may fix your problem

Thanks for your suggestion but yes, I do have that enable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC 720p choppy but fine with VLC and WMP0