Using MPD on ATV2
I'm a big fan of XBMC on the ATV but when it comes to playing music I find it a little cumbersome to use. I have been using mpd for years on my old media player and have come to love one of the clients that runs on the iPhone - mPod. I can leave the screen off and the client will cache all the music data into its own database so it is very snappy.

So I think - Why couldn't there be a mpd frontend to XBMC then I could have the best of both worlds. It turns out that someone else thought this was a good idea and they made Python scripts that act as a mpd server that controls XBMC through the rpc interface.

https://github.com/bluecube/xbmcpd

Problem is they are standalone Python scripts and I don't know diddly about python.

I understand that Python is installed with XBMC but it is not installed as a legitimate shell. Does anyone know how I can start up a python script to run outside of xbmc?

TIA
Use NitoTV to search for Python in Cydia and install it. The one made by Jay Freeman (saurik). Then SSH in and do:

Code:
python path/to/python/script.py

to run the script
Thanks for the heads up. I was trying to use atp-get with no luck.

I figure I can just launch it using something along the lines of "/path/to/python/script.py arg1 arg2 ag3 etc &" from autoexec.py?

My next problem is it needs to import twisted.internet.reactor

Ok found the library, can install it from a tarball but it needs to compile with gcc....

Starting to look like a candidate for the too hard basket.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using MPD on ATV20