XBMC - TV show Tailspin
Hi all,

Running into a bit of an issue and hoping someone here can help. I have numerous items loaded on my XBMC box for both Movies and TV but for some reason I can't get the tv show Tailspin to load up. It doesn't even see the folder I have created.

My folders are setup like this...

Example: D:\0 - HTPC TV\"TV Show Name"\S01\"TV Show Name.S01E01.xxx

Real World: D:\0 - HTPC TV\TailSpin\S01\TailSpin.s01e01.mkv

The issue started that Tailspin would show up but it wouldn't load the episodes and everything was blank. I realized it was going to a duplicate that was on tvdb, that was blank. Got on the forums and they removed at my request. I cleaned my DB and tried to sync again, hoping it would now be pointing to the correct link (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75476&lid=7). No go.

I even tried it on another machine that has never had xbmc installed. It saw all of my other items but not this one show.

Am I missing something? Doing something wrong? Can I force it with an nfo file? If any more information is needed, please ask. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

TK
The series is called TaleSpin on TVDB.com and not Tailspin as you have named it. You need to rename your directory (and, to make things neat, your files too)
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I have it working for me. I do not remember what my files were named but I assume. Did you remove the TV Show? I would remove the TV show and if there is a .nfo file in that directory it may still hold the wrong series ID (7547).

Just a few things to look for. I would move the entire folder from the tv directory, then clean the DB, then make sure that tailspin is not in your library, and then finally move it back. Once you move it back I would look at it in file mode and see if that helps. in file mode hit the info button and see what it brings back.

Good luck.

SoBBie
super_sobbie Wrote:I have it working for me. I do not remember what my files were named but I assume. Did you remove the TV Show? I would remove the TV show and if there is a .nfo file in that directory it may still hold the wrong series ID (7547).

Just a few things to look for. I would move the entire folder from the tv directory, then clean the DB, then make sure that tailspin is not in your library, and then finally move it back. Once you move it back I would look at it in file mode and see if that helps. in file mode hit the info button and see what it brings back.

Good luck.

SoBBie

This is what my folder is set to -

Real World: D:\0 - HTPC TV\TailSpin\S01\TailSpin.s01e01.mkv

I cleared the DB and made it like this -

D:\TailSpin\TailSpin.S01E01.mkv

I created a new source and pointed it to that directory and it pulls nothing from tvdb. That is currently the only file in that folder because I was testing this. Every other show and new show I add works fine. It just seems to be this one.

Sobbie, if you read this, do you mind checking to see how your files are named? This works for every show I've done but maybe this one needs something different...
OK, I just tried one more thing. I copied the show over to another machine that has XBMC and TV shows on it.

It's in the same folder as all the other TV shows (the source).

TailSpin\TailSpin.S01E01.mkv

Nothing. Auuuuuggghhhh!

Normally if I even put an emtpy folder in the root of a source folder it will at least pickup the folder. For this one it doesn't even do that. I'm not as familiar with how to create a nfo file. Should I try that?
Not sure what the issue is here or if there is a reason why you've deliberately avoided the answer at post#2 - name it properly as suggested by rocketpants in the second post No

No amount of tinkering with folder's etc will help if the naming convention doesn't match the source db.

Do that and it is llikely that there'll be no need for customised nfo's
LOL very true the first thing you need to do is name the tv show the correct show name. I will go a little further and let you know to look at the work "TAIL" in your tale spin (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75476) and see if it is correct. Wink

Thanks,
SoBBie

@steelman1991 give him a break, I missed it at first too. And your post did not point out exactly what was wrong in the name.
super_sobbie Wrote:LOL very true the first thing you need to do is name the tv show the correct show name. I will go a little further and let you know to look at the work "TAIL" in your tale spin (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75476) and see if it is correct. Wink

Thanks,
SoBBie

@steelman1991 give him a break, I missed it at first too. And your post did not point out exactly what was wrong in the name.
Why? There is no need to cut anybody slack - read the second post as the original poster - oh and you - should have Rofl

The OP has even been into the show on TVDB Laugh
steelman1991 Wrote:Why? There is no need to cut anybody slack - read the second post as the original poster - oh and you - should have Rofl

The OP has even been into the show on TVDB Laugh

I totally missed the second post. I've had the flu for the last few days - That is going to be my excuse. OK, that still doesn't excuse this.

I can't believe I totally missed that. I'm still telling myself "are you kidding me?!?!?!"

Thanks. I'm going to crawl back into my cave now.
rocketpants Wrote:The series is called TaleSpin on TVDB.com and not Tailspin as you have named it. You need to rename your directory (and, to make things neat, your files too)

Thank you!
TrueKnight Wrote:I totally missed the second post. I've had the flu for the last few days - That is going to be my excuse. OK, that still doesn't excuse this.

I can't believe I totally missed that. I'm still telling myself "are you kidding me?!?!?!"

Thanks. I'm going to crawl back into my cave now.
No wonder you've got the flu - get a house Wink Hope its sorted now.
steelman1991 Wrote:No wonder you've got the flu - get a house Wink Hope its sorted now.

Yes it is and, thankfully, I'm feeling a lot better today. I think I see where part of my problem came from (besides my stupidity that is).

If you do a search for "TailSpin" on tvdb you get this -

Show Title - TailSpin
Language - English
Show ID - 75476

If you click on the link it takes you to the correct page but I think I only did that one time. The couple of times I checked I was just doing a quick lookup for "TailSpin". Oops.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - TV show Tailspin0