Guidance on how to add multi-part movies to XBMC library.
I have an issue that I need to solve. The old type of discs where you need to turn over the disc to maintain playback. What syntax do you use to add it to your library. I generally rip my movies to folder structure.

I have Michael Collins, A Time To Kill, Once Upon A Time In America which are problem discs.

What is the correct structure for the XBMC library to add those titles but make them seem like one file.

I don't like the idea of re-encoding as sometimes the sound and video go out of sync. Any solutions are appreciated as any multi-part discs are a problem to my library.

I use the film name with video_ts structure, so causes problems when adding these titles. If no solution is available will need to bin named titles as I want all my films to played through htpc.
Just append a "cd1" to the first disc's filename and a "cd2" to the second discs filename, but keeps the base filename the same.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...tacking.3E
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Please be advised that the wiki-article elaborates on the use of an advancedsettings.xml and advanced settings for movie-stacking.
However - XBMC will do this by default, no need to set or edit an advancedsettings.xml. Just rename the files (as suggested above) with the extra extention what CD it is.

This.Is.CD1
This.Is.CD2
This.Is.CD3

for example. XBMC will then proceed and take the CD1-CD3 as one movie and will play the files in order gapless. After XBMC scraped it, you won't even notice that there are two or more files involved Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Thanks.
Will give it a go and see what happens.
I had been doing the cd1/cd2 for the longest time, but found to add to the cleanliness I appended all of my split files together with virtualdub.

http://www.virtualdub.org/
Cd 01, Cd 02 Method does not work

I have a structure as follows:-

A Time To Kill

internal folder A Time To Kill Cd 01 (Video_ts Side A respective folder & contents)
Internal folder A Time To Kill Cd 02( Video_ts Side B respective folder & contents)

You can add the film to the Library but it only allows playback of Side A. Other types of video files such as avi,mp4 in two parts are picked no problem and able to played.

Looks like discs are going to the shredder and then bin as they are more less useless without having playback of both sides in XBMC.

Any suggestions or folder structures for playback would be appreciated.
Convert your VIDEO_TS folders into an iso, name the iso:

A.Time.To.Kill.cd1.ISO
A.Time.To.Kill.cd2.ISO

Will work perfect after that Smile
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
If you're using linux...

Code:
cat mymovie-cd1.avi mymovie-cd2.avi > mymovie.avi