Problems streaming from Win7 to Xbox
Hey guys.

I've recently up(?)graded from XP to Win7, and when I try to add network destinations on my trusty old xbox I'm asked to type in user name and password. I've fiddled around with the network sharing options in Windows, trying to figure out what to do, but I haven't had any positive results. I don't even have a password on my computer. If anyone has a explanation, or even a solution to this, I would be truly grateful.

Thanks Smile
Do you have the original xbox or an xbox360 ?

If an original, do you have xbmc on your xbox ?

If a 360, have you tried using it as a media extender ?
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

Sorry for not being clear. It's the old xbox, and yes, I do have xbmc on it. Had no problems streaming from XP, but on Win7 I apparently have to type in a username and password, and I have no idea what those might be...
same situation, what i did was create a second user and give it a name and password. i then use this user to stream to the xbox.
Thank you, I'll try that. Though if anyone knows how to make it work with only one account on my computer, I'd really like to know Smile
I have a vague recollection that MS changed the SMB (i.e. file sharing) protocol in Win7. I remember much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Apple users because they couldn't connect to Win7 servers. You could try asking on http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/ if the same problem applies to XBoxes.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I have a vague recollection that MS changed the SMB (i.e. file sharing) protocol in Win7. I remember much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Apple users because they couldn't connect to Win7 servers. You could try asking on http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/ if the same problem applies to XBoxes.

JR

Cheers Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems streaming from Win7 to Xbox0