Series...,
Hi

Wow just typed a long message and browser failed on me... grrr

Ok here we go.

Running latest version of XBMC

just added series.
File structure for sorted series : \series name\season X\series name - sXXeXX - episode name.ext
File structure for unsorted series: \series name\sXXeXX - episode name.ext
(eventually all the series will have the top file structure, just time is fleeting)

Anyway series with unsorted series file structure work fine. Episodes are loaded.
But series with sorted series file structure, XBMC finds them, loads the series name but no episodes are loaded.

I looked for a solution and was pointed to advancesettings.xml in userdata that you create, i did that. But how do you run it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps the reason why i like the top file structure is that i use metabrowser to scrape all my info for series and movies and it requires series to be in season folders.
Smile 
randomwalsh Wrote:Hi

Wow just typed a long message and browser failed on me... grrr

Ok here we go.

Running latest version of XBMC

just added series.
File structure for sorted series : \series name\season X\series name - sXXeXX - episode name.ext
(eventually all the series will have the top file structure, just time is fleeting)

Anyway series with unsorted series file structure work fine. Episodes are loaded.
But series with sorted series file structure, XBMC finds them, loads the series name but no episodes are loaded.

I looked for a solution and was pointed to advancesettings.xml in userdata that you create, i did that. But how do you run it?

Ps the reason why i like the top file structure is that i use metabrowser to scrape all my info for series and movies and it requires series to be in season folders.

Try the context menu and set the content with recursive scan and see if that helps.
I went there....

right clicked on source then selected set the content but the recursive scan option isnt there for series... its there for movies....
randomwalsh Wrote:I went there....

right clicked on source then selected set the content but the recursive scan option isnt there for series... its there for movies....

Indeed. This option does not exist for the TV scrapers, something I don't quite understand.
so any other ideas people?
randomwalsh Wrote:so any other ideas people?

Well, the first thing is that your "sorted" folder structure and naming convention is fine, you don't need to change this. It's exactly how mine is set up and works perfectly.

This indicates it's a source/scraper problem because the correctly structured files aren't being loaded into the library.

Double, triple and quadruple check your source, contents and scraper setup for your sorted stuff - even remove and re-add to be safe.

In the source options make sure:

Contents = TV Shows
Scraper = A TV Scraper (i.e. not a movie scraper)
Single TV Show = Off
Exclude Path = Off

Then rescan...
randomwalsh Wrote:File structure for sorted series : \series name\season X\series name - sXXeXX - episode name.ext

That would lead me to believe the problem lies with what has changed:
'season X'
or
'series name - sXXeXX - episode name.ext'

Even though it shouldn't matter you might try:
'SeasonX'
or
'series name.sXXeXX'
'series name sXXeXX'

randomwalsh Wrote:I looked for a solution and was pointed to advancesettings.xml in userdata that you create, i did that. But how do you run it?
You should not need this for what you are attempting to do. Before experimenting you likely should remove this before further experimenting so it does not screw something up that would otherwise have worked.

Ps the reason why i like the top file structure is that i use metabrowser to scrape all my info for series and movies and it requires series to be in season folders.[/quote]
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Does the problem occur when you move episodes from unsorted to sorted? Or does the problem exist if if you are scraping into an empty library. I wonder if something is getting confused as the episode, if it is moved, would already exist in the library. Thinking about that - it shouldn't matter. The scraper looks for changes in the directory.

Post a debug log when you scrape the media as this may reveal something else.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
hey

I removed the source and added my series one by one with automated scan set on.

So far it seems to be working Smile happy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series...,0