Paplayer? anyone know what it is?
hello.

i just noticed something new in a 2005-04-10 build of xbmc.  in the system\players directory, in addition to the dvdplayer and mplayer folders, there is now a paplayer folder.  inside this folder is a file called place in_mp3.dll here.txt.  if you open this text file, you find:

Quote:download winamp 5 or greater from winamp.com and copy the in_mp3.dll from it's plugin directory to this folder

the in_mp3.dll file wasn't part of the build, so i threw it in there and then transferred everything over to the xbox.  i haven't noticed anything different.

does anyone know what this is about? this wasn't in the 2005-04-08 build...

thanks!
it's a new mp3 decoder. it's only used if the dll is found. otherwise, mplayer is used.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hello.

thanks for the reply! are there any advantages to using one over the other in terms of memory usage or accuracy? accuracy is more important to me than memory usage. also, if present, will the in_mp3.dll decoder be used for .mp3 audio in .avi/.ogm/.mkv video containers?
w00t... a new audio-core!!! wohooo..... do we now get gapless playback? *gg* Wink kewl.. this one really rocks Smile

cheers m8s
i dont know if there are any advantages to it.

and no, from the code, it will only decode .mp3 audio files. mp3 audio inside another container is still decoded by mplayer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paplayer? anyone know what it is?0