Feature Request: When media playing, make 'Now Playing' first and more prominent
Lightbulb 
If something is playing on the connected XBMC server instance, I think the 'Now Playing' and 'Remote Control' command buttons should be more prominent and stand out compared to the video, tv show, and file traversal buttons.

Specifically, I am proposing that when a movie/video/song is playing, 'Now Playing' should be at the top of the list and in a separate color or bullet image style.

I can whip up some mock images if any interest is expressed.
nexea Wrote:If something is playing on the connected XBMC server instance, I think the 'Now Playing' and 'Remote Control' command buttons should be more prominent and stand out compared to the video, tv show, and file traversal buttons.

Specifically, I am proposing that when a movie/video/song is playing, 'Now Playing' should be at the top of the list and in a separate color or bullet image style.

I can whip up some mock images if any interest is expressed.

Sounds like a good suggestion, mockups would be most appreciated. Might tell if it would look good or not.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Lightbulb 

Here is the basic design that I am thinking about. Somewhat quick and dirty but it shows my points.

Some notes:

- 'Now Playing' is only displayed when there is something playing. When nothing is playing, another gradient (only grayed out) would be there instead (I'll whip up a mockup for that if interested)
- The 'remote control' bar would have either twin IR LEDs on it or it would have a mini icon of a remote control.. something to indicate it's a button and controls a remote

That's basically it.
Damn.. I didn't realize it'd be that big.

/twss

Or something like this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request: When media playing, make 'Now Playing' first and more prominent0