OK...

Wierd problem.

Started XBMC this morning, and "Movies" was missing as an option. Shocked

Environment:

Pre-Eden Nightly, Oct 19th (today's) build
Confuence skin
Win 7 64-bit Ult
Zotac MB w/ Nvidia

Now, this is NOT a question of how to name movies or how to create subdirectory structures. Had that figured out in the old XBOX days.

And, this is NOT a case where a library was "cleaned" while the NAS sources were off-line (... although that is a serious PITA, and should be addressed by warning the user that "File sources are not available" before wiping out library content, and maybe a "Do you want to continue" message before it does so... but I digress).

(... but seriously.. the team should really address that PITA, someday.)

I KNOW that my local library is still there, because I scanned for new items, and it found those new items and displayed them in "recently added" (along with others films that I had recently modified) when I checked if this problem still existed in a different skin. Skin "xeebo" saw the recently added movies, but also would display nothing in its "Movies" section.

(it also tells me that my XBMC still has knowledge of all the other films there, as it did not begin a fresh re-scan of everything)

So, you're probably thinking "What a maroon... he probably selected System / Settings / Skin /Home windows / Hide Movies ... and THAT'S why he can't see them." ... But no, surprisingly, the "Hide - Movies (Videos - Library)" is actually gray'ed out.

Gray'ed out !!! Wierd, huh?

(... and you can't select a option that is gray'ed out)

So, what about the source? Well, it's still defined with three NAS drives, and the context is still defined as well... so THAT'S not it either.

Nightly issue? Could be... But that is why I loaded the latest / greatest win32 build... No one else seems to be whining, so I think it's likely not a nightly issue. So, likely no.

Which brings us to this, a question to my rocket surgeon and brain scientist friends: How do I get "movies" to show back up in the horizontal bar of my home page, and make all my 1700+ films reappear?

(...please don't say "fresh re-ininstall".)

Thanks,

v.

PS: xbmc.log @ http://pastebin.com/AdwQBTpQ
Even after all your checks, It sounds to me that XBMC does not think you have any videos scraped as movies into the database . Do you have a backup of your database you could try re-import

Edit from your debug
Quote:312.
06:42:28 T:2964 DEBUG: Connecting to sqlite:C:\Users\Zebraitis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\:MyVideos56.db

06:42:28 T:2964 ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

Query: select count(1) from movie
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Do you have a backup of your database you could try re-import.

Sadly, I am in the process of re-doing all my movies, and had just gotten through the "M" titles (with hours of work). I did not make a backup of my user files, as I had hoped to export it to my NAS when done.

* sigh *

I don't think I like where this is heading.

v.
If its greyed out in settings as well then XBMC doesn't think you have any movies for what ever reason either they are not in the db any more or its corrupt

If its corrupt one thing you can try is exporting to a "Single file" then remove your current database and thumbnails and then import everything in again if your lucky you might get a working db but make sure you remove or backup delete the old one before you import everything again

"MyVideos34.db" is in

\XBMC\userdata\Database

Thumbnails are in the video folder

\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video

If you don't have any music you can just remove the whole Database and Thumbnails folders

Other than that I think your looking at a rescan Rolleyes
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:If its greyed out in settings as well then XBMC doesn't think you have any movies for what ever reason either they are not in the db any more or it's corrupt

<snip>

Other than that I think your looking at a rescan Rolleyes

To close this out... Looks like I installed an SSD incorrectly.

Set up as IDE, it kept throwing CHKDSK errors.

One of those errors finally took out my db.

Corrected the error, set up as ACHI mode, put an end to CHKDSK errors.

Restart, reload, recan. Oo

v.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing "Movies" from my home screen0