Movie wont stop buffering
XBMC wont stop buffering while watching Gladiator. the file size is 24GB. I have never had this problem before until playing this large of a file

so I searched under video settings and I dont see a way to increase any cache. I found that I could create a advanced settings file and place it in my UserData folder

I named the file: advancedsettings.xml

I increased the memory buffer size to 108 MB from 5

this is what the file contains:

<advancedsettings>

<network>

<cachemembuffersize>113246208</cachemembuffersize>
<!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams ahead in memory XBMC will not buffer ahead more than this. WARNING: for the bytes set here, XBMC will consume 3x the amount of RAM -->

</network>

</advancedsettings>

anyone have any ideas?
Your post doesn't tell us HOW you are providing your content (Gladiator) to xbmc. Diagnosis makes a difference if this is on a local SSD or if you are streaming WiFi. Please tell us more Cool
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:Your post doesn't tell us HOW you are providing your content (Gladiator) to xbmc. Diagnosis makes a difference if this is on a local SSD or if you are streaming WiFi. Please tell us more Cool

W7 x64 server PC w/ AMD 6570 over HDMI to Denon receiver, HDMI output to 47" TV
Hey Jaden24,

Is the movie on the PC (local drive), or stored on the network. If network, is it a wired network or wireless?

Also, post a debug log.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
I don't think the cache setting does anything, or at least not anything useful, in v10.1.

In any case, increasing the cache wouldn't help if your network can't stream the file fast enough to watch it. To stop the buffering you'd have to stream a large chunk of the file before you start watching, and this would take longer than watching that bit of the film would. The only solution is to remove the network bottleneck.

There have been many reports of problems playing large video files over wireless. Sometimes playing with drivers improves matters and sometimes it doesn't. Also I've seen reports of problems with certain driver versions and Realtek network cards. Searching the forum might dig out some clues.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie wont stop buffering0