Network issues
Im having some issues with streaming, i have 2 routers , 1 for internet (DOVADO UMR) and one for just streaming movies (DLINK Router) and 2 computers , one HTPC and one Main PC (server) . I have setup my network so i have the DLINK computers on static ip's these are connected via ethernet cables. problem is i have to connect to the dovado over wifi while at the same time be connected to the dlink for streaming.. it seems to interfere with each other because when i connect to the internet wifi on both computers it streams to my HTPC via wifi instead of using the DLINK router which is no good for me because video is constantly buffering on HTPC!!.. im trying to be as clear as i can without confusing , apologies if im mumbling!

note that when i disconnect from the wifi the video streams just fine because it is working via ethernet.

is there any way to force my Htpc to connect to the server only via ethernet ? keeping in mind that i still like to connect to the dovado over wifi for internet use!

Thanks in advance,
RobBlush
i just googled your internet router.
Quote:Shares out the single internet connection via WiFi and/or LAN.
You need to connect the internet router to the D-Link router (internet in) via ethernet cable. Then connect the D-link (inernet out) via ethernet cables as you have done. Then disable the wifi on your two computers that are already connected by LAN. As you can see the WAN and LAN are interfering with one another.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Is there a particular reason why you need to use wifi to connect to the internet? The wired network should be plenty fast enough to stream video and allow for internet use at the same time. Connect it as per outatouch0 instructions.

As for your question - You can set up individual access rules on a network interface basis in windows firewall but I don't think that it will provide the granularity that you need. XBMC will still need to connect to the internet to download weather and scrape media etc. so you can't block internet access from the XBMC program or ask it to use two interfaces at the one time.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
probaby should have been more clear.. i connect to wifi on both my mobile broadband (DOVADO) and my home broadband (not the dlink or dovado) .. i know its a complicated setup but im a complicated guy Oo i would like to have the dlink on static ip's with the network named "XBMC" and just be able to connect to either my dovado or home broadband via wifi!:o

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network issues0