Xbmc live asrock Help Please
Hello,

Sorry if I'm reposting a topic that's come up before. If I have reposted this topic please point me in the right direction with a link.

Decided to build my own MediaPlayer, after me WD media player is showing signs of wear.

Recently got: Asrock motherboard H61M itx with a Intel I3 core 3.1Ghz and 4G Ram. However getting the live version of the XBMC I seem to have graphic & sound problems. Is this the live boot cd, maybe doesn't support the drivers...I'm really not sure and starting to feel like I wasted my money as I cannot seem to get this working and it's most likely a UE (user error) problem. Is there something I'm not doing right?

Any help would be much appreciated...Smile
You can try an alt cd (xbmc freak?) but best solution is probably to install the "live" to disk and manuelly install the correct drivers. Your board is perhaps to new for xbmclive.
i would possibly install the normal desktop version of ubuntu that the live cd is based on.

find out what you need to do to get xbmc working properly in a desktop environment, then go back install the live cd and reproduce without the gui. the only difference (i found) was stupid pulseaudio in the desktop being a pain.

cos im a linux newbie, i find it easier troubleshooting in a desktop cos i can google at the same time as pull my hair out Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc live asrock Help Please0